69%

[16/23]
If I was you, I would just love me.

"I'm sorry, [Name]." Sasuke said as he held [Name] gently. She was shocked by his sudden movement, unable to hug back. "I'm sorry for hurting you."

Sasuke had his arms wrapped around her shoulders, his hands brushing through her hair. He noticed that the Senju didn't hug him back. "You must hate me.." he said in a monotone.

[Name] stayed still until she pushed away from his embrace, and sighed. "Do you know how I've been these past years? I've been so sick. Sasuke, I could've died.." she said, pouting. "I guess you never cared about me.."

The black hair boy looked at her guilt ridden, "But you're strong now, I told you that you were going to make it. I've always cared for you from afar." He said cupping her face. "I've always cared, Senju. I thought you knew." Sasuke said, noticing how [Name] was blushing underneath his touch.

"I was searching for the one who wouldn't see me...  Before, I was selfish and I didn't care about you. I didn't understand how precious love was, [Name]." Sasuke continued, "S-Sasuke...."

He leaned in and flicked her forehead gently.

"I'll be better. I'm leaving Orochimaru soon, I will fight Itachi eventually. Please stay by my side..." Sasuke said softly, wrapping his arms around [Name]. "Uchiha... are you deceiving me?.."

[Name] felt so unsure about his movements, as if she was stuck in a genjutsu still, "Sasuke, don't worry about me anymore. We are no longer on the same path, let me go." [Name] said softly, backing away from the Uchiha's touch. "Worry about yourself like you always have."

Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed and his fists clenched in anger. "How much pain do you want me to go through for you to realize that I love you?! Every time we crossed paths you are always the first one to turn away. Why do you treat me like this?!" He said in a hurtful tone. [Name] scoffed, "I love you too, Uchiha. That's why it's better if I push you away. You can't love me, if I were to tell you the truth about me, you would wish it was a lie."

[Name] looked down and sighed, "let me go. I'm not worth your time, Sasuke." She said. Everything she said was true, her illness is a ticking time bomb, and that's why she doesn't want Sasuke to love her. It will only hurt him more, and that's the last thing she wants. "I'm sorry, Uchiha.."

It was dark outside and the moon was out, Sasuke had a candle burning beside his nightstand. "Everybody in my life has pushed me away, Senju. My older brother pushed me away, my parents did too. At least you still have your family."

"But my family won't have me." [Name] mumbled, "You don't understand, Sasuke. I don't want to lie or hurt you." She said, caressing Sasuke's pale hand. "I should be the one who's sorry. For not being strong enough, for being sick."

Sasuke watched her as she left the hideout, he simply just didn't understand why she was talking all this nonsense, why is it so hard for [Name] to just let him in? "Don't follow me, Sasuke... You will only get lost." Was the last thing she said, before leaving him once again.

What has he done wrong in this world to be punished the way he is? Why can't things go the way he wants for once? His heart was on the ground endlessly, his blood was boiling.

"I thought you would heal this pain..." Sasuke said clenching onto his chest, why did things go this way for him.. But stood up and decided to go after her once again, before anything he picked up the small notebook [Name] threw at him.

**

[Name] felt tears stream down her face as she walked back to where her and Naruto where staying. "I'm so sorry, Sasuke.." she whispered, her heart aching.

Why was their fate so tragic? Why did she have to live her life not knowing when she will fall ill again? She hates lying to the Uchiha, but she can't tell him the truth. But with [Name] in his life, she thinks he will never prosper.

The Senju's stunning eyes were now puffy and red, her cheeks were flustered from all the crying. She saw that she was getting closer to the small village she was staying in. "[Name]-Chan!!"

She turned around quickly seeing that Naruto was running her direction. [Name] felt weak and lightheaded, Naruto noticed this from afar. "You've been crying..?" The Uzumaki mumbled.

[Name] nodded and let herself into Naruto's embrace. "My heart is in pieces..." she said, "I saw Sasuke.. He changed so much, Naruto. There is no saving him.." [Name] said before feeling her eyes slowly close, her eyes were ringing and her head was hurting her like crazy. Naruto frowned at her words, and carried her the way back home. "[Name]-Chan... please don't tire yourself out.. I don't want you getting sick anymore, believe it.." Naruto thought, remembering the time Tsunade told him to take good care of [Name].

Jiraiya looked at Naruto as he carried [Name] into her room. "She must have tired herself out. Let her sleep Naruto, let's call it a night." He said, patting the Uzumaki's shoulder. "I need to bring Sasuke back home. I'm training harder than ever, believe it!" He told Jiraiya, making him sigh.

**

[Name] saw the sunshine bright up her room through the curtains, making her groan. "My head hurts so much.." she said, massaging her forehead. "I need to live my life without you, Uchiha." [Name] thought as she remembered how he touched her forehead, reminiscing the feeling.

She was starting to feel ill again.. everything is going back just how it used to be.

Loading ... 69%