Thought You'd Never Call (Chapter 3)

CHAPTER 3:

~ Madeline's P.O.V ~

Nathan? The guy that I just met for a about minute yesterday was famous?

A famous guy came up and talked to me? ME? MADELINE EMILY BAKER? I thought to myself.

Well, I've never really heard of them before... I grab my laptop; open it up and Googled "Nathan Sykes".

So he just turned 19, like JUST turned 19. That's probably why he was at the club, celebrating his birthday.

I YouTube "The Wanted" and the first song that came up was Glad You Came and I played it.

"OH, THIS SONG?! The song that's EVERYWHERE?" I said to myself.

As I listen to the song, I catch myself tapping the edge of the laptop to the beat, and mumbling some of the words. I only knew part of the chorus.

After about 2 hours, I knew everything I needed to know about them.

I still don't understand why he didn't say anything about it. Why didn't he tell me?

Remembering that he had my number, I run upstairs to my room to see if he had texted or called me.

I walk over to the shelf and pick up my phone, "0 missed calls, and 0 messages."

I didn't have his number since I gave him mine. I let out a disappointing sigh.

"He's a cute famous guy in a boy band. I wouldn't stand a chance with him." I said to myself shaking my head.

I had nothing planned for that day so I decide to call Paige to see if she wanted to hangout. After a couple seconds she picks up.

She said she wasn't busy and that we could hangout. We decided that I would walk to her house and then go for ice cream.

I threw my hair up into a messy bun; throw on a hoodie, a pair of shorts, grabbed my phone and left.

It was a beautiful day out. Sun was out, birds chirping, children playing on the streets. I was walking through the park saying hi to a couple of my neighbours.

At the end of the park there were 2 pathways and I decide to take the shorter one. As I was just about to start to walk along the path I see a figure walking on this same path but on the opposite side.

He kind of looks like Brad. WAIT. IT IS BRAD.

"Oh shit" I said under my breath and quickly changed directions and starting speed walking along the other path.

I was scared and nervous at the time... trying to avoid any eye contact what so ever.

Just then my phone starts to ring; I quickly take it out of my pocket and look at the caller ID. "Nathan S" it said.

As my heart skipped a beat, I smile and hit the answer button.