Brad (Chapter 6 - Part 2)

(CHAPTER 6 – Part 2):

~ Madeline's P.O.V ~

What? Did Nathan just say...? Okay, I don’t know what just happened, but I just stood there, jaw dropped, staring at Nathan.

Silence filled the atmosphere for a couple of seconds.

“Hahahahahahahahahaha. You’re kidding right? Madeline, you’re dating... HIM?” Brad had the biggest WTF/Are you serious face on at that moment.

 I hadn’t realized that Brad was asking me since I was still in shock.

Nathan nudges my arm, “Go on, and tell him.” He said to me with a stiff face.

“Uh yeah, you got a problem with that?” I finally respond.

After we left the movies, we decide to drive back to my place. 

Nathan was talking as if everything was normal. I’m still utterly confused but I just went along with it.

“And then Max just got up, and did floppy fish in front of everyone!” He explained.

“MAKE A RIGHT HERE!” I screamed as we approach a road. “WAIT, WHAT?” He screams out all confused. “NOW NATHAN! TURN RIGHT, NOW!”

As I feel my body drift to the left, He makes a hard right turn. “Woah, okay. Couldn’t have told me any sooner? Where are we going?” He confusedly asked.

“Just go straight. We’re almost there.” We continued driving along this small, road which is starting to look more like a path. Both sides of this road were surrounded by farmland.

“Alright, you can pull over here.” “If we are lost Madeline, I’m going to kill you! And where exactly are we?”

”I used to come to here whenever I needed to think about something, or whenever I just need to get away from everything else.” I explained.

I lead him down the path which ended with a couple of broken trees. “So when you needed to think, you’d come to place with broken trees? I don’t-“. As I move one of the branches up out of the way, Nathan stops talking.

Behind these broken trees, was a gorgeous river flowing down and a couple of rocks. I gesture him to proceed beyond the trees.

We sit on the rocks, watching the river flow as the sun shines down on us. Both of us were overwhelmed by the beauty of the scene.

Taking in the gorgeous atmosphere, we sat in silence, until he breaks into a song. “Butterflies, butterflies. We were meant to fly, you and I, you and I, colors in the sky.

I look over to him, smile and join. “We could rule the world someday somehow, but we’ll never be as bright as we are now.”

He continues, but I stop. Interrupting his singing, I blurt out, “Hey Nath. Uh, you know back at the movies. You told Brad were you my boyfriend... Why?”

His face a blank for a few seconds. “He’s a complete total douche sack. He doesn’t deserve someone as sweet, innocent, and beautiful as you!”

Looking up to his face, I laugh hysterically. “Douche sack? Ahahahahahaha, it’s douche bag Nathan.”

He rolls his eyes, “Sorry, not quite used to these American terms yet. Anyways, I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a while...”

He looks at me with his face glowing in the sunlight. “...Will you be my girlfriend?”

A wave of disbelief and happiness overtook my body, but I remain speechless. Getting up, I pick up a couple of rocks and start throwing them into the river.

“You’re Nathan Sykes. You’re a world-wide superstar. What about your fans? I don’t think they’ll like -” Before I could finish my sentence, he turns me around.

I feel his soft lips against mine as his arms wrap around my waist. After a couple seconds he pulls back. “Listen, my fans want me to be happy. And being with you WILL make me happy.”

I can feel butterflies taking over my body. I put my arms on his stomach, reaching up onto my tippy toes and kiss him passionately.

Once I pull back, I wrap my arms around his waist hugging him as my head rests on his chest.

“So, I take that as a yes?” Just as I was about to answer, he slips out of my arms.

I gasp dramatically as I see him tipping backwards, with his arms flailing around in all directions.

*SPLASH* He had just fallen into the river. What just happened? AHAHAHHAHAHA. At that point, I was laughing so hard I was basically crying.

“WHAT... THE FUCK! OH MY GOD! IT’S FREEZING IN HERE, HOLY SHIT!” He squeals shivering in the cold river water.

“Stop laughing and help me out of here would ya?!” “Wait, I’m not done laughing yet.” I wipe my eyes because it was getting watery.

“AHHAHHAHHAHAHA. NATHAN! I’VE NEVER MET ANYONE AS CLUMSY AS YOU!” He just stood in the freezing water with a face looking like this: (-_-).

“Okay, okay, be more careful next time!” I reach out my hand, while still laughing.

He takes a hold of my hand, but he doesn’t try and climb back up. Instead, he pulls me towards him!

I lose balance on the rock and splash into the river also.