This Isn't Real (Chapter 9 - Part 2)

Chapter 9 - Part 2

~ Madeline's P.O.V ~

How... How could he, how could THEY do this to me? I was still standing there watching them both, with all sorts of emotions rushing through my head.

She was leaning over onto him, kissing him against the bed frame. No words came out of any of us.

Until... All of a sudden Paige repels off of him. Panicking she runs past, brushing me. She quickly ran out of the room and down the stairs with her head down.

My hand that was still up from holding the box, which had tumbled onto the floor, dropped.

Nathan leaps off the bed and runs towards me, “MADELINE, IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK! SHE-“. I felt my hand rush up slapping him across his face. I wasn’t thinking, but no. I don’t regret it.

“How... How could you do this to me...?” I manage to let out, but my voice was broken up. I turned around and run out with tears streaming down my face.

I could hear Nathan screaming out, trying to grab me but I broke out of his grip. I didn’t want to hear anything he had to say. I’ve seen enough.

~ Nathan’s P.O.V ~

(Backpedaling)

 I don’t know what to do. My girlfriend’s mad at me, and I’m not even a hundred percent sure why.

I think it was because I didn’t tell her I was going out with the boys. But... I didn’t think I’d have to? It was just the boys, and couple of drinks.

Whatever, I’m just going to go shower. It’s not like I did anything wrong, I KNOW I didn’t do anything wrong. I’m going to wait for her to talk to me. IF she even does talk to me, that is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Ah, okay that was a relaxing shower. I walk out of the bathroom to go look for some clothes to put on. I accidently step on something, I look down and see my notebook open. I’m writing a song for her but I’m stuck right now. I can’t focus because of all the shit that is going on.

Out of nowhere, my doorbell rings. “Nathan?” I hear someone call out my name. Is it Maddie? I hope it’s her! SHIT, I’m still naked. I quickly scramble around looking for something to put on.

“COMING”, I yell. I find a pair of basketball shorts, and put them on. The doorbell rings again. Oh my god, I run out the door grabbing a random shirt that was hanging off the doorknob.

I jog down the stairs while putting the shirt on. It was my “EPIC FAIL” t-shirt. I open the door, and all my hopes vanish. It wasn’t Madeline.

 “Oh hey Paige, what are you doing here?” I ask her.

“There’s something I want to talk to you about.” She looks up at me with her wide eyes.

“Uhm yeah sure, what is it? Something happen to Madeline?” I concernedly asked, and invited her in.

“No. She’s fine. But how’re things going with her?” She takes off her shoes and looks around.

“Uhm could be better... But we’ll get through it. Why?” I raise one of my eyebrows.

“Nothing, just asking. So... do you love her?”

I gave her this stern look. “Of course.”

I lead her up the stairs so we could talk in my room since the living room was messy. “How long do you think you guys would last?” Her eyes glance around my room.