Chapter 24: An art project!

I quickly got out of my chair as Kitian charged at Austin, pushing him to the ground.

"Owie. Dayana! Kitian hurt little Austin! Pain Austin!" Austin complained like a kid.

I helped him up, "Are you okay?"

"Yup!" He said cheerfully as if he wasn't pushed to the ground and fixed his chair to sit on.

"You act as if you didn't just get pushed to the ground." I mumbled.

Austin ignored me and stuck his tongue out at Kitian.

Kitian ignored him and turned his attention to me, "So we do have a period together."

"Yeah..." I muttered.

"Are we working in three's?" He asked, motioning to the center of the table.

I nodded, "I think."

"You're not working with Austin, are you?" He asked in disbelief.

I glanced at Austin who was playing with a paintbrush as if it was a foreign object.

"Uh," was all I managed to say.

"I heard my name?" Austin suddenly said from behind me.

"I said it like three seconds ago." Kitian said with an eye roll.

I felt someone hugging me from behind, that someone's hands on my shoulders. "Why, of course I will work with her."

I blushed at the contact, "Uh, Austin? I know you're the one hugging me."

"I don't think Jacob and Xander would like you hugging her like that." Kitian told him.

Austin let go of me and gave a chuckle, "Right, right. I forgot about those two lov- mph!"

Austin was cut off when Kitian put his hand over Austin's mouth.

"Uhm?" I said, unsure of what to say.

"Ignore him." Kitian said and suddenly took his hand off of Austin's mouth in the speed of light.

"Gross dude!" He exclaimed and wiped his hand on Austin

"He didn't do what I think he did, did he?" I asked cautiously.

"I did." Austin said cheekily.

"You slowly licked his hand seductively?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yup." He replied, popping the p, "Wait, seductively?"

"Yeah, seductively."

"Well, I licked his hand but not seductively." He replied, "And I'm pretty proud of it."

"That is not something to be proud of, Austin!" Kitian exclaimed.

"Oh, but it is." Austin said with a mischievous smile.

I can just imagine Dayana rooting for Austin, saying that was awesome.

Mr. Williams entered the room, making us all seat down.

"Good morning class." He greeted.

"Good morning Mr. Williams." We all greeted in unison.

"Are we all present?" He asked. "Ms. Autumn, please check if we are."

I sighed and counted heads.

There are exactly thirty-three students here in art class, and that's exactly what I counted.

"Mr. Williams, everyone is present." I reported.

He looked around, "Okay. Now you all see that there are three palettes, three drawing books, and three paintbrushes there, and that I put three chairs per table."

"And now we get that we're working in three's, now can you tell us what we're doing today?" Kitian said impatiently.

I stared at him in disbelief. He just said that to a teacher. Not just any teacher, but the most strict teacher in Gifted High.

Mr. Willams could only glare at him, "As I was saying, I wanted to pair you all, but we didn't have an even number of students."

"Yeah, but what are we doing?" Austin asked.

I sighed. Do I really have these two as my partners?

"You will be painting a scenery but," Mr. Williams said, holding up one finger, "the three of you will paint the same scenario."

"How are we gonna do that?" Kitian asked.

"For example, one of you will paint the sky, one of you will paint half of the ground, and one will paint the other half." Mr. Williams explained.

"That... sounds interesting." I mumbled to myself.

"It really does." Austin agreed.

"You may all start. We will be doing only this project for four days." Mr. Williams said.

Everyone else started to work while the three of us just stared blankly at the open drawing books.

"So... what do you guys wanna paint?" I asked them.

"How 'bout a portrait of the three of us?" Austin offered.

"Great idea, but how are we gonna paint it without making it obvious?" Kitian asked.

"Who's the best artist here?" I asked them.

Austin pointed to Kitian, "He draws really well, and sometimes paints too."

"My mom likes painting, what can I do?" Kitian said with a shrug.

"Okay, so how about a picture of us, me in the middle and all of us are laughing?" I asked.

"That's... actually not a bad idea." Austin said.

"Yeah... I guess I'll paint Dayana since she is more complexed than the species of 'boys' like the aliens we are, right Austin?"

"Yup."

"Okay. I'll paint Austin." I offered.

"And I guess I'll paint Kitian." Austin said, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Don't try anything please. My grade is on the line." I pleaded.

Austin laughed, "I wasn't planning anything, Dayana."

I sighed and was about to start painting when Kitian suddenly snatched our drawing books.

"What gives?" Austin whined.

"I'm gonna do a simple sketch, or base, of the bodies." Kitian explained.

I nodded but I still heard Austin mumble something under his breath.

"And here." Kitian said and gave us back our drawing books.

I started painting as I imagined how the painting would turn out.

I smiled as the brush moves along the surface of the paper.

I glanced at Austin, "Hey, can you smile for a bit?"

"Nah, I might kill you with my looks." He replied, still focused on his painting.

"Okay, so I'll just paint a serious-faced Austin then." I told him.

"What? No! I'll look ugly." He complained.

"Saying that as if he isn't." I heard Kitian mumble.

"And what does that mean, Kit?" Austin demanded.

"Don't call me Kit." Kitian scolded, managing to still focus on his work.

Austin ignored him and turned his attention to me, "Smile?"

I nodded and he gave a cute smile.

"Okay, got it." I said and went back to painting.

I guess Dayana and I do have a similarity.

We both love painting.