Chapter 28: Cough, mental illness, cough.

I spun around in the chair in Leon's office again.

"How long are they gonna take?" I asked Leon who was sitting in the couch in his office.

"I don't know. I told them eight o'clock sharp." He replied.

I did a buzzing sound with my lips- like I said, I'm not good at explaining.

"What're you doing?" Leon asked me.

"Ridding my boredom- wait, is that proper grammar?" I asked, putting my hand on my chin.

"I don't know ask the dictionary."

Leon was cut off when someone knocked on the door.

"Go away, Anna." I said with a sheepish smile.

Leon ignored me and went to the door to open it.

Guess who knocked. Come on, just guess.

Guess, guess, guess, jeans, jeans, jeans.

You didn't even guess, didn't you?

"Ollie!" I squealed.

"Hi babe." Oliver greeted and went over next to me.

I pouted, "I haven't seen you in a while. Where were you?"

"I- well, Lawrence gave him lots of missions." Leon answered my question.

"Including cleaning the bathroom." Oliver said and gave Leon the middle finger.

"My middle finger salutes you back." Leon said and gave him a middle finger too.

I gave both of them the middle finger, "My middle fingers salute both of you for leaving me out."

Leon rolled his eyes while Oliver snickered.

"Aha! So you can't salute me back! I thought cadets were better than this." I said as I shook my head.

They bowed, "We are sorry, madame."

I giggled and karate chopped their heads, "Forgiven."

They yelped, jumped, then rubbed the spot I hit them.

Another knock came from the door.

"If you're looking for Leon's office, this isn't the place. This is the door to hell." I said.

"Oh, ha-ha." The voice who knocked said deadpanned, "Open the door."

That voice didn't belong to Xander...? Maybe it's another member who needs to report something to-

"You just wasted four seconds you could've spent in opening the door." The voice said again.

I think I know who this is.

"Olivine!" I squealed and rushed to the door and opened it.

She greeted me with an annoyed expression marked on her face.

"Why so grump-grump, Vine-Vine?" I said and imitated her by doing a grumpy face.

She rolled her eyes, "Are you serious with pairing me up with her?" She said the last word as if it was poison in her mouth.

"Whoa, really? Yes! Now I can finally spend time with this gir-"

"Actually, you'll also be working with Xander and Oliver." Leon declared.

"Great. I'm working with my twin who is an imbecile, a rookie who can't shoot properly, and a girl who has a mental sickness." Olivine said in exasperation.

"Did you just call me an imbecile?"

"I do have mental sickness! How'd you know?"

Leon stared at me in amusement while Oliver suddenly hugged me.

"What are y-"

"Shh. It's okay, I'm here." Oliver said and ruffled my hair after letting me go.

"Olivine, explanation." I said and looked at her.

She sighed, "They think mental sickness is messing not only with the brain but the heart or something blah blah blah."

I giggled uncontrollably and stretched the word, "Seriously?"

"Shh. Don't say anything, my princess." Oliver said.

I saw Leon roll his eyes at the nickname.

I burst into fits of laughter, lost my balance, and hit my head on Leon's desk.

I stopped laughing and started stammering, "Th-that... w-was s-so pai-painful."

Leon rushed over to me and rubbed my head in different spots.

"Owie!" I exclaimed when he pressed the spot I hit.

"Here?" He asked, pressing that spot again.

I whimpered, "Y-yeah."

"You're acting like a kid." Olivine snapped.

I growled at her, "Do you want me to hit your head with a table?"

"That's different. You hit your head with a table, but the table didn't hit you." She exclaimed.

"Same thing. As long a head and table is involved." I replied with a giggle.

"Oliver, get an ice bag in the freezer." Leon ordered him.

"And since when did you get to order me around?" Oliver asked.

"Ever since I was the co-leader of the gang and your princess-" his jaw clenched, "-got hurt."

Oliver smirked, "My princess, huh? You're not gonna regret it afterwards?"

Leon smirked back, "No."

"No?" Oliver furrowed his eyebrows.

"If she's your princess, she's my life." Leon muttered.

"Can you guys just get the ice already?" I complained.

"How can you not catch on?" Olivine asked in disbelief.

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Oh my goodness, somebody stab this girl a million times and tell her how dense she is!" Olivine exclaimed.

Oliver went to Leon's kitchen in the other room- probably to get an ice bag.

I pressed the spot where I hit my head and winced.

How hard did I hit my head? Probably not as hard when my dad dropped me when I was born.

Siiiike!

That sounded weird and if you take a glimpse at it, you will read shit.

Well... er, don't ask me! I'm innocent!

Of killing three hundred ninety-seven people? Yeah, sure.

Excuse me brain, you're going to a different topic. And the one hundred people were in death row.

I frowned, death row.

"Uhm, not sure if you know, but you suddenly snickered, furrowed your eyebrows, then frowned," Olivine said, snapping me back to reality.

"I was trapped in my imagination land, okay?" I replied, sticking my tongue out like a cat.

Leon pressed the spot I hit my head, again.

"Owie! Wait, why does it hurt so much?" I asked Leon.

"It'll go away. Just don't press it anymore." Leon said.

Oliver suddenly came in with the ice bag.

"Don't, beep, need, beep, it, beep, anymore, beep." I told him, moving my arms around like a robot.

That was random, I know.

Leon stared at me in amusement.

"Hey! Where's Xander? I miss him already." I said with a pout.

Both Leon and Oliver growled.

"What?" I asked them.

"I don't think this is part of the mental illness." Olivine said, "Oh well."