Chapter 42: An unexpected letter from a...

"Well, this is a very comfortable position." I muttered to myself.

I fell off my bed, ta-da!

"Ugh." I groaned and stood up from the floor to check the time.

Seven thirty.

Thirty minutes more before class, woohoo!

I got to the bathroom and took a fifteen minute shower. I put on my uniform and went to the building's cafeteria.

At this time, most members would still be asleep so expect it to be a short line.

I rushed to the cafeteria and picked out chicken soup with eggs.

I stuck my tongue out like a cat, "Is it snowing?"

I looked at the window and saw the white snow falling from the sky.

Yas! It's snowing! Do we still have school today?

I took a seat at my usual table in CBG and checked my phone.

"Gifted High Academy will still have classes due to only mild snowfall in the area." I read aloud the text of our principal.

I groaned, "Well then."

Bea, Mark, Alex and Alexis suddenly burst in th cafeteria, chasing each other.

"Hey!" I yelled at them, catching their attention including the other ones in the cafeteria.

"Dayana!" They yelled simultaneously and ran to me.

I smiled and started eating while they talk about the things they've done here in CBG.

▪▪▪

"I'll get going now." I told them.

"But it's only been, like, ten minutes." Alexis complained.

"Yeah." The other three agreed.

I giggled, "I have to go to school guys."

"Are you... okay? You look pale." Alex told me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just an excruciatingly painful headache, no biggie." I said, waving it off.

"Are you sure you can go to school?" Mark asked cautiously.

"Yup. Now I'm going or I'll be late." I said then started sprinting out, hearing Bea say bye.

I arrived at school three minutes after.

One minute left before school starts!

Sratch that, one minute left before I am stuck in one of the chambers of torture in hell.

Yup, that's more accurate.

I rushed to our classroom and right when I stepped inside, the bell rang.

And I made it.

"Yup. I just did that." I say to myself while giving myself a high five.

Is that what you call a self five?

I went over to my desk but I jolted up due to a sudden shiver in my spine.

I shook my head, seeing that I'm already in class and everyone else are talking to each other, using phones, and/or chewing gum.

I frowned and went to my seat.

"Hey Ana." A brunette greeted, giving me a smile.

I smiled back politely.

"So... I saw this on the ground and I think it's meant for you." She told me and gave me an envelope that had the name 'Dayana Autumn' written in italics.

"Uh... okay. Thanks, I guess." I said, opening it.

Inside was a candy. It was no ordinary candy, either.

It was a heart-shaped candy. When I took the wrapper off, I was stunned to see my initals there; D.A.E.

I froze in shock.

E.

If it was from someone here in school or CBG, they wouldn't have put that E in there.

Not even Leon knows my last name.

I paled and looked at the letter with the candy, popping the candy in my mouth.

Dear little Autumn,

Well, look at that. It's winter already. You know what that means, right? Of course you do. I kept my promise, it's time  you finish your  end. You cannot run away anymore. They're getting impatient. They're starting to wonder when my partner will be here. Oh, dear. What if you forgot already about our small little talk ten years before, a few years when you've met him. Have you forgotten? Of course you haven't, right? I bet you still have it. You probably can't throw it away. Coward. How did you become so courageous and strong on your own? I definitely don't remember you having the strength to pick yourself up after falling on in front of everyone after that... show. Do you still remember that, little Autumn? Of course you do. It's too painful to forget. To forget how he controlled you like a puppet and you were just entertaining everyone else. Right? Hm... I wonder what I should do with you once time runs out. Come back, little Autumn. We're waiting for you.

Sincerely,
YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIEND

I stared at the note with furrowed eyebrows. What was this? A threat? If it is then the right thing to do is hand it over to the police.

"Ms. Autumn?" A voice asked, snapping me back into reality.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Is there something you would like to share with us? I've been here for a while now but you were to too engrossed with that paper in your hand." The teacher told me.

"Oh... I apologize, Ma'am." I said, standing up and bowing my head down.

"Shush. I'll turn a blind eye since you usually do well in my class." She said and started to discuss about stuff I didn't pay attention to.

Who was this guy? He clearly has something to do with Dayana and I don't know if it's good that he has or if it's bad. For all I know, he could be a serial killer Dayana has played with in the past. That can't be it, though. He certainly knows my last name and Dayana and I make sure nobody, even Kylie, won't find out what our last name is. How would this 'childhod friend' know? Dayana didn't have split-personality back then so I wouldn't know her past- what happened and what didn't. All I know is she was traumatized, causing her to have mental illness- that being split-personality.

Right now, it could be anyone here. It could be the nerd in front of me, taking notes. It could be that cheerleader from the other town that my classmate has a crush on. Heck, it could be the brunette that gave this to me. But one thing's for sure- this person has a connection with Dayana and to me, it doesn't sound good. I don't like it. I want to do something but what can I do if I don't even have a brief glimpse of the situation? So... am I just gonna be all dumb here? I'll just leave this note here in my bag.

I suddenly remembered that I still had the candy in my mouth.

From the sweet taste, it suddenly turned... bitter. Before, I could spit it out, a gunshot was heard.

That was all I could remember before everything became black.