Chapter 36: Ana time with the Paradasial Members.

After a few minutes or so, we went back to the car.

"Took you long enough," Olivia told me, hitting the back of my head.

I rolled my eyes, "Can't get enough of me, huh?"

"You wish." She said, resting her head on my shoulder, "Melon keeps glaring at me while you were gone."

I giggled.

"It's Peach." Peach mumbled.

"Uh-huh." Olivia replied, sounding half-interested.

Or should I say not interested at all?

But that wouldn't make sense because when you construct that as a sentence, it will come out as 'Olivia replied, sounding not interested at all.' I just wounded a lot of grammar nazis out there. It's supposed to be, 'Olivia replied, not interested at all.' You just take out the sounding to make it right. But wait- sounding half-interested? I think you shouldn't add sounding so-

I'm just rambling now. Okay, back to the story!

"You should respect other people's names, Olivia." She told her, saying her name like it was poison.

How hypocritical.

"I'm sorry, Pumpkin." Olivia replied sarcastically.

"I said it was Peach." She growled.

"Shut up, you two." Phil told them, completely annoyed.

I giggled, "Olives and peaches don't match very well, don't they?"

"Great, now you reminded me that I was supposed to teach Olivine how to hack." Olivia groaned.

I groaned too, "Great, now you reminded me that I still have to train Xander."

"Great, now you reminded me about our hostage I have to interrogate." Chris said and hit his head on the steering wheel. Again.

Yeesh, I'm glad this dude doesn't have brain damage yet from hitting his head too much.

"Great, now you reminded me that I have to file a report to our hacker." Peach said with a sigh.

"Great, now I'm left out because I'm not reminded of anything." Phil said with a laugh.

Chris took a sudden right, entering the forest.

"Ow!" I exclaimed and rubbed my head that hit the window.

I saw Chris smirk a bit.

Meanie...

And, to make things worse, I suddenly felt a shiver in my spine.

I closed my eyes tightly, then opened it again.

"What the actual..." I mumbled.

"Fudge?" Olivia finished for me.

I chewed on my inner cheek and looked around.

Currently in an unfamiliar car, with a guy in shotgun, a girl next to Olivia, and, of course, a guy driving.

"Care to explain what's happening?" I asked Olivia.

"Does this girl have Alzheimers? She's so young." I heard the girl mutter.

"Did you forget, Peach? Remember, her weak spot is her split-personality?" The guy in shotgun told her.

"Right." The girl, who I assumed to be Peach, mumbled.

My eyes twitched, "Who are you all?"

"Chris." The guy driving replied.

"Philip. Call me Phil." The guy in shotgun replied, our eyes meeting in the rearview mirror.

"This girl is Pumpkin! Wait, I mean Melon!" Olivia told me, pointing to the girl.

"I thought it was Peach?" I asked dubiously.

"It's Peach. Berry here is stupid." The girl replied.

"I'm sorry, but my IQ is above average." Olivia told her, "And I'm currently the queen hacker of America."

Phil snorted, "'Queen hacker'?"

"Yes, queen hacker." Olivia replied and kicked the upholstery.

"Dude, stop kicking the upholstery! Do you know how expensive this is?!" Chris exclaimed then took a right.

"No." Olivia said deadpanned.

He sighed and honked three times then two times.

I squinted my eyes ahead and saw the trees were... bending?!

Once they were bent up to the ground, a cave came in sight.

The car entered the cave and once we did, a loud crashing sound was heard.

And... there was light.

"Whoa." I muttered.

Olivia nudged me, "Don't."

"Don't what?" I asked her.

"Don't say 'whoa.'" She scolded me.

"We know that our base is cool, don't need to say it." Peach told us.

"Not cool." Olivia coughed.

I looked at the windows and saw different rooms with glass windows so that we can see inside.

You'd think this was a mad scientist lab and not a gang base.

As if reading my mind, Olivia asked. "Is this a mad scientist lab, or a base?"

"The first floor is a mad scientist lab. The second floor is our base." Chris replied.

"Our leader's father and uncle are mad scientists. Or what they call themselves." Peach added, stifling a laugh.

"Remember when they were experimenting on a gorilla?" Phil said with a snort.

"Yeah, 'experimenting'." Peach laughed, "If that's what you call putting a fruit hat on its head."

My mind drifted off to a monkey with a banana for its tail.

I think Dayana put something in our body to make both of us weird.

"That... sounds ridiculous." I murmured.

"You got it." Phil told me, "I don't suppose your gang has a weird taste too?"

Olivia snorted, "Lawrence."

"Although he seems to be a fashionable and smart guy, once you get to know him, he'll be coco-loco." I added, laughing slightly.

"'Coco-loco'?" Peach repeated, tilting her head.

"That's what we call him." Olivia replied, "Our coco-loco leader."

"I'm proud to be a CBG." I murmured, closing my eyes tightly.

"Me too." Olivia said with a laugh.

"If your leader is coco-loco, wait 'til you meet our leader." Chris said.

"I'm not looking forward to this." I mumbled.

"You mumble or murmur another word, I'll snap you in two." Peach warned me.

"Sheesh, what's with the sudden mood swing?" Olivia commented.

"Olivia!" I exclaimed, slapping her arm.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"She's probably in her red days, don't upset her even more!" I whisper-yelled.

"And we're in the garage already." Chris announced, "Now everyone, get out."

"Sheesh, so bossy." Phil said, pouting a bit.