Chapter 3

I come home from the mall and my Mom and Dad are passed out on the couch. I head to the kitchen and find something to eat. Then I head to my room and watch some netflix while I try on the clothes I bought today. I bought 7 basic tees and 1 hoodie and then 2 pairs of leggings 2 pairs of joggers some pants and cardigans. I had a growth spurt this summer. I decide on wearing jeans that are light blue and are ripped with a the grey hoodie I bought and grey vans. I take the clothes off, put on my pj's and then fold the clothes I'm wearing tomorrow then set them on my dresser.

-The next morning-

The next day I wake up and get ready for school. I grab my towel and go take a shower, it feels like I just got into the shower then the timer goes off that it is 6:00 and I need to get out of the shower. I get to my room and dry off fast. I put on the clothes I layed out last night. Then look at myself in my long mirror

"Wow I look good". I smile and make my way to the bathroom

I blow dry my hair and flat iron it. My natural hair is always kind of wavey but has curls in it too. I put on my liquid liner and and make perfect wings today, I put on mascara and color in my eyebrows then I'm done.

I walk into the kitchen and see my Dad and Mom drinking their coffee.

"Hey honey did you sleep well". My Mom asked then sipped her coffee

"Yeah suprisingly I did". Knowing i havent been sleeping well lately

My mom and dad give me a kiss good bye and i head out the door. Abbi is waiting to drive me to school.

"Hey Kaite"

"Hey"

"So i heard there was a new boy in town and he sound super hot" "and..." curouisly i ask "you will see" she says with a evil smirk

i turn up the radio and zone out i can hear Abbi talking to me but it seems like i dont understand her, instead of asking her what she just said i nod. Before i know it we are at the school. I see our friend Jesse walk up.

He slings his arm around us. "Whats up my babys" he winks at us

"ooooo you sweet talker" Abbie rolls her eyes i look over my shoulder, i feel like im being watched but no one is there.

I turn around Abbie grabs my hand and drags me through the front doors of the school. "whats wrong?" i question her

"nothing i just need to talk to you" she says pulling me into the girls restroom

"okay im here" she pulls out her phone and gives me her phone.

The text is from a guy named Chase.

"who is Chase?"

"its the guy i was sitting with at the table" she sounds nervous i read the text it says

:can you meet me out on the football field it's important.

"what do i say?" she says

"SAY YES." I smile.

She texts back yes and we walk out onto the  football field.

Chase is standing by the touch down zone and Abbi speed walks towards him. They give each other a half smile and Abbi just stares at her feet.

He takes her hand and laces his fingers into hers.

"Will you be my girlfriend Abbi?" Chase blushes when Abbi says yes.

-

The bell rings and we are off to class. we all started a new semester so we get new lab partners. Abbi goes to sit with Chase her new bf.

Everyone else has a partner but me then the new kid walks and Abbi turns and winks at me. the teacher says take a seat next to Kaite and points to me he comes to sit next to me. I cant help but smell his sent as he sits next to me, he smells like colone. Abbi turns around and winks to me again, I sit there nervous and not knowing what to do.

I burry my hands in my hoodie.

"Hey" He said with his voice slightly over a whisper.

"Hi" I didn't know if he really said hey or if it was in my mind.

He didn't say anything else I was going to ask him what his name was but he took his notebook out and it said "Matt Greyson," on the front of it.

Mr.Glen tells us to take notes. I take my notebook out of my bag and open to the first fresh page. I write down everything on the board.

Matt looks at me and it sent a chill down my spine.  The shiver sends butterflies into my stomach causing me to drop my pen on my notebook. I quickly pick it back up hoping he didn't notice, but tht is too much to ask for because he did.

I focus back up at the board to finish my notes and I see Abbi looking at me.

"Text me back" she mouths so she doesn't get Mr.Glen's unwanted attention.

I take my backpack off the back of my chair and open the pocket to my phone.

I push my power button on and wait.

As I pick up my phone and put the passcode in I see Matt smirk. His smirk lingers in my mind for a while, but I continue to focus on my phone.

-Abbi:I'm nervous

-Me:Be yourself, he likes you for you.

I put my phone down and look up at her. She turns around and I give her a convincing smile.

I burried my hands in my hoodie again and wait for the bell to ring.

The bell finally rings and I was going to wait for Abbi but her and Chase are already out the door.

I sling my backpack over my arm and walk towards the door.

I walk down the hallway and I see Matt getting dirty looks and stared at.

He just looks at the ground and walks to his next class.

I finally made it down the hallway, pass the crowds of people.

I meet back up with Abbi in the classroom.

After this class is lunch.

-------------------------------

Vote

Comment?