Chapter 17

I go and sit back on Matt's lap and the receipt falls out of my pocket.

Matt picks it up and reads it.

"Whats this." He looks angrily at me.

"Its from the cashier, im not going to use his number."

"Oh okay." He runs his fingers through his hair.

I eat my fries and Matt continuously steals some.

"Matt." Chase calls from across the table.

"Yes?" Matt looks at me then at Chase.

"Follow me."

They stand up and walk away.

*Chases POV*

Matt and I walk into a store and I turn.

"You need to claim her while you can, Matt." I warned him.

"Why?" He stared at me.

"Well, she is pretty and she obviously likes u and she could be off of the market next week." I pointed to the door.

"I know, I know." He walks out of the door.

I walk out of the door and back into the food court and sit next to Abbi again.

"Did you tell him what to do?" Abbi asked.

"Yes." I put my arm around her.

"Good." She squeaked.

We all went back in for a conversation.

*Kaite's POV*

"I want to go somewhere else." Chase whined.

"Want to go to the beach?" Abbi suggested

"Yea." Matt, Chase and I all agreed.

I got up and Matt did too. Instead of him walking next to me this time he walked behind me. I guess he was watching if i was going to get in a fight with Missy. Oh well. I open the double doors and Matt comes and puts his arm around me. I walk to the truck and get in. I click the belt over me and then I stare out the window.

Abbi and Chase get in the truck and start it. Matt tucks my hair behind my left ear and it send chills down my spine. Chase turns up the music a little bit. He pulls out of the parking lot. Matt bushs his knuckles against my jaw line.

I was about to open my mouth and say something but, he brought his mouth up to my ear and whispered ,"Your going to be mine. "

My mouth dropped.

"Okay?" He whispered

I nodded and looked out the window. I try to take my mind off of what just happend and count trees. There is something wrong if I am counting trees.

"Matt," My voice cracks because of how nervous I am.

"Yes." He whisperes

"Are you going to explain everything to me now?" I looked at him with the "your going to tell me if you like it or not" eyes.

"I'll explain when we get to the beach." He rests his head on my shoulder.

"O-Okay." I look out the window. Well can't wait till we get to the beach.

As time went by sitting in the truck Matt fell asleep on my shoulder and Abbi and Chase tried talking to all of us. They tried to make me talk but, I guess I am busy thinking about everything. They whole your mine thing with Matt, the cashiers number thing, and the Missy thing. Why would she skip school too on the same day? I look at the clock on my phone and it says 4:30, well that happened 1 hour ago so she just had gotten out of school.

The car stops.

"We are here." Abbi sings.

"Yay." I click my seat belt.

I realise Matt is still sleeping, he is so cute his hair if falling perfectily he looks like he is so innocent.

"Matt." I whisper into his ear. "Matt." I rub his arm.

"What?" He rubs his eyes.

"We are here." I laugh

"Oh." He stretches and then unclicks his seat belt too.

I open my door and breath in the beachy air. Abbi and Chase are already down at the water. I wait for Matt to come out of the truck so he can explain everything. Instead of him slinging his arm around me, he picks me up by my waist and slings me over his shoulder.

"Matt." I squeak.

He chuckled then walked us over to some rocks near the water.

He let me go and he sat down, I sa down on the opposite rock.

"Where to start off?" He taps his chin.

"The people in the house." I suggested and brushed my fingers through my hair.

"Okay so, the people in the house are in a gang and they know me because I have known them since we were in kindergarden."

"Oh so are you in the gang?" I look around, but i try to avoid eye contact with Matt.

"Well I guess I am, I dont know."

"Okay now why were you and Jake fighting?"

"We were fighting over." He hesitated

"Over what?" I kept pushing for more I need to know what they were fighting over.

"You." He sighed

"Why?" I sighed

"He told me never to talk to you again." He brushed his hand against my arm,"Now who is this Missy person."

I sighed and tried to ignore the question but I knew I would have to tell him sometime,"My ex-bestfriend." I mummbled and let out a huge breath of air.

"Ex?" He moved over and sat next to me.

"Its a long story." I sigh.

"I got time." He smiles.

"Okay." I smile back, his smiles make me melt inside,"When I was dating Jake we were all bestfriends then I woke up one morning and then I got ready for school, anyways then I walked into the hallway and I saw Jake and Missy really close together. Being the stalker I am I watched them for a minute and then they kissed. Now she isn't my bestfriend anymore and Jake and I are never getting back together."

"Oh." He stood up and then he held out his hand for me, I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up.

He pulled me close to his chest, I felt his lips touch my forehead,"I wouldnt't do anything like that to hurt you."

My insides melted, I got butterflies in my stomach.

-------------------------------

Vote?

Comments?