IV.

•Summer•
Well, Friday was a blow.

Although I got ditched last minutes and spent most of my time in a bedroom alone, the party was still the highlight of my weekend. Saturday and Sunday I didn't hear anything from Emma, Peter, or even Ned. I mean, Peter and Ned are reasonable considering I don't have their numbers, but Emma usually texts me.

It's whatever. It's Monday. It's a new week. I'm still a little bummed about Peter ditching me, but I'm sure he had a good reason.

I walked into school and to my locker, which was right beside Emma's, and that's where the gang was hanging out.

"Hey Summer." Emma greeted.

"Hey guys." I said, opening my locker and putting books in and getting other books out.

"Listen, I'm so sorry about Friday." Peter apologized. I shook my head.

"Don't worry about it. I understand. Sometimes things come up." I assured him and he hugged me.

"Thank you so much for understanding. Let me make it up to you by taking you to get coffee after school?" He asked and I blushed.

"Only if you let me help you with Spanish. Anyone with eyes can see you're struggling." I joked and he roles his eyes and chuckled.

"Of course. So coffee and then my place for studying?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Sounds like a plan." I said as we all walked to gym class together. I hated having gym first period, it sucked to be sweaty all day.

----

"So how come I've never noticed you before?" Peter asked as we walked to the coffee shop together. I put my hands in my pockets.

"Well, I guess I'm kinda shy. I don't talk to a lot of people. Just Emma, and you and Ned now." I admitted.

"Have you noticed me before?" I wanted to scream "Yes! I haven't been able to stop noticing you." but my mind wouldn't let me.

"I mean, it's kind of hard not to when you're last to Spanish almost every day." I giggled and he nodded.

"I'm glad I noticed you.." Peter said, not looking at me.

"I'm glad you noticed me too.." I replied, and then a sudden flash of embarrassment came over me. "I totally forgot, I didn't even bring any money."

"That's okay. I'll pay." He assured me.

"Are you sure? 'Cause I don't have to get anything." I told him, and he placed a finger over my mouth and shushed me.

"Shh. I'll pay." He insisted. I sighed in defeat.

---

I got a caramel macchiato and Peter got a hot chocolate. He admitted he wasn't really a coffee guy. He held my hand as we walked to his apartment. I met his Aunt once again and she was happy to see me. I'm glad she likes me.

"Aunt May really likes you." Peter told me when we got up to his room.

"I guess that's a good thing." I said and he smiled. "So, Spanish.." I said, looking around his room. I caught glimpse of my Spider-Man drawing on his wall, but I didn't say anything about it. I just wondered how it could get there if he gave it to Spider-Man, and I know he got it because he left me a note.

"Yes, Spanish." He pulled out his textbook, and I got in my bag and looked for mine.

"I can't find my textbook.." I said, still searching.

"We can just share." Peter said, putting a hand on my rolley chair and pulling me next to him and his textbook.

---

"Translate: '¿dónde está el baño?'." I said to Peter and he furrowed his eyebrows, thinking hard.

"Where's the kitchen?" He asked hopefully and I sighed.

"No, but close. It's 'Where's the bathroom'." I said and he groaned and flopped on his bed.

"I'm never gonna pass Spanish." He said, sighing to himself. I walked over to him and sat beside him.

"No, you'll get it. I know you will." I reassured him. He's not doing that bad, I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. He sat up and looked at me.

"You really think so?" He asked, looking me in the eyes and I nodded, smiling.

----
•Peter•
"God, she's just so amazing, Ned." I told my best friend, since I invited him over after Summer left. "I think I really, really like her."

"Ask her out then, dude."

"I can't just do that. I don't have enough confidence. I can't. I'm just Peter." I shook my head, looking at the ground. I wanted to ask her out so badly, but I couldn't.

"You're also Spider-Man." Ned reminded me.

"I can't ask her out as Spider-Man, and go the rest of my life under a mask every time I want to kiss her or take her on dates and shit." I rejected the idea immediately.

"But if you ask her out as Peter, she'll have to know eventually."

"Don't remind me."