IX.

•Peter•
"What the hell?" I questioned when I got there.

There was iron man, and the rest of the Avengers fighting off an army of metal beetles. I was about to question if they really really needed me, when the beetles started shooting like guns.

With my webs, I was able to take them down and web them to the ground pretty quickly. After that, all Tony had to do was blast them and they were done with.

We were wrapping everything up when I heard a high-pitched scream come from the very direction I was afraid of it coming from. I looked at Tony for approval and he nodded.

"Go get her, kid."

Because Tony was like such a father figure to me, every time he did his weekly check in with my life, I told him about Summer and how much I liked her.

I got to my apartment, and crept around on the ceiling. As I got to the kitchen, I spotted Summer hiding behind the counter, and some big, scary-looking beetle dude looking for her.

I jumped down from the ceiling, slinging a web onto his face, and knocking his face against the counter.

"Hey, bug off, will ya?" I joked, shooting webs all up and down his arms and legs. After I was done with that, I wrapped him up into the tightest cocoon with the thickest web I could. He struggled and roared, trying to get out, but I kept wrapping him up and this time I webbed his mouth shut a few times.

Summer shot up from behind the counter, latching onto me and not letting go. I dialed Tony and he came and removed the villain from May's apartment. Tony told me he would go back to the tower for studies.

After everyone left, I pulled off my mask.

"I'm so happy to see you." Summer said, hugging me harder. I hugged her back. "What was that thing?" She asked.

"I have no clue." I admitted, and I could feel her shaking. "Don't worry, you're safe. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

"I trust you." She said, letting go of me now. I felt sad when she stopped hugging me, but I knew it had to end eventually. I loved her hugs. She always latched her arms around my waist and nuzzled her head into my chest.

"I'm gonna go get changed, and I'm gonna order pizza and we're gonna watch a movie." I told her and she smiled. I kissed her forehead and walked away.

"Peter?" She asked before I got up the stairs. I turned around and raised an eyebrow at her. "Can I wear another one of your hoodies?"

I smiled softly at her, "Sure." I said, retreating up the stairs to get changed, and I heard her clapping.

I changed into a T-Shirt and sweatpants, and I grabbed a blue hoodie for Summer, too.

I jogged down stairs and Summer was on her knees in front of the TV, looking through movies. "I'm back." I said to her, and she looked up at me and smiled.

"I was thinking this one." She said, holding up a movie called 'Pete's dragon'. I agreed with her, and ordered a pizza.

----

"Oh my god, poor dragon." Summer cried, shoving pizza into her mouth. I laughed at her and she slapped my arm as the movie ended.

"That was so sad." She said and I nodded.

"Yeah, it was." I agreed, turning to face her. We had turned the lights out for the movie, all except one, of course, because Summer's scared of the dark. The low light reflected off of her red hair, and the lamp we had on glowed in her eyes.

My inner instinct kicked in, and I started leaning in. Much to my surprise, she did too. Our lips were barely apart, and our noses were touching, when her phone started ringing.

I sighed, leaning backwards and looking at the credits rolling on the TV.

So close.

"Yeah? Calm down, Stacy. I'm just staying with Pe-Emma. Yeah. You wanna talk to her? She's at basketball practice right now. I'll call you when she gets home. Alright, bye." She hung up, breathing out a heavy sigh.

"You lied?" I asked, puzzled.

"I'm not allowed to stay over with boys. Family rules. They're sure I'll get pregnant." She said, chuckling and I blushed. My phone buzzed.

Ned: 'I'm coming over.'

"Well, I guess Ned's coming over, so." I said, sharing this information with Summer. She nodded, getting on her phone.

It was going to be the first sleepover with both of my best friends and I was excited. I hoped Ned wouldn't bring his Legos and prove to Summer how lame I really am; but he did.

Luckily, she's a nerd, too. She helped us put together Ned's new Lego: Star Wars set and it looked amazing. We all high-fived. Ned decided he would sleep on the ground, since there wasn't enough room in bed.

One of my favorite parts of every day was the end of it because I got to cuddle with Summer. I had never really 'cuddled' before her, and it was nice. It was relaxing.

Unfortunately, I had an awful dream that night.

----
I woke up drenched in sweat, I was shaking and crying. I never liked to cry. Summer shot up as soon as I did, repeatedly asking what was wrong.

"Was it a nightmare?" She whispered and I nodded. "I'll go get you some water." She said and tried to get up, but I held onto her waist, pulling her back down.

"No, no. Please don't go. Please just stay with me." I begged her, and she held onto me right.

"Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere."