Hello, welcome to my life

Okay, for the sake of our story let's say my name is Abigail. I'm an ordinary thirteen year old girl with ordinary problems, ordinary grades, and an ordinary family. And as any ordinary girl should, I am helplessly in love. I have had a huge crush on my best friend Matt for a year now. Matt has short, messy, dirty blonde hair and deep blue eyes. I have been friends with this blue eyed beauty for two years now, after Josie, Matt was the first person I met at this middle school. Being kind, loving, shy, and downright adorable, Matt would be anybody’s ultimate boyfriend, but unfortunately there is draw back. Matt's real name is Madison.

Yes, Madison is a thirteen year old girl who after years of acting and dressing like a boy got dubbed the nickname Matt. I'm pretty sure everybody knows she is a girl, but they call her Matt anyway. Cause at first glance she does look like a boy. But yes even though I know matt's true gender, I can't help but fall in love! Feelings are feelings and should not be ignored. But the fact that my family thinks Hitler had the right idea to burn all the homosexuals, I have decided to keep my mouth shut for a while.

But Matt isn't the only thing consuming my mind today. Today is Wednesday and homecoming is Friday. I have two options, either drag along my unwilling friends or find a date. I dragged along Josie last year and she put up a happy front for me, like she always does, but I could tell that football isn't her thing. Because I don't want my friends to hate me, I decide to find a date. Matt is one of the unwilling friends, so she's off the list. I think about all the other boys who like me. After a process of elimination I pick Johnny from history class. He asked me to go get high with him last weekend, but my parents are watching me close lately. He said he might be able to hook me up with some cheap weed though. Johnny is also on my track team, making today after school the perfect time to make my move.

I sigh in relief as the bell rings. Time for lunch.

By the time I neatly put my books away and make my way up the hall towards Matt's locker, Alice, Ava, and Peeta are already there.

"Look who's finally here, Miss. make everybody starve." Peeta teases.

"Oh shut it bread boy!" I tease back.

"For the last time, I'm not a fuck'n bread boy!!" she yells with her hands gripping her dark curly hair and her dark eyes wide.

"Oh, look it's the bread boy, Peeta!" Mary shouts from behind us, where Josie and her gang are catching up to us.

"Now she's gonna die." Peeta says through clenched teeth.

"Okay, just make sure not to leave any evidence." Alice says causally.

Peeta darts toward Marry with her fists raised, I start laugh as Josie, Vera, Haddie, Anna, and Dianna pay no attention to Mary’s screams.

"Here" Matt hands me an ear bud. I block out the daily chaos around me as I put the ear buds in. I smile as I recognize the familiar tune of C'est la Mort. So this is life, I think to myself, or is this death?

I smile as we all sit down at the table. It's not like we have assigned seats or anything, we just always sit in the same seats every day. On the side a crossed from me it starts with Dianna, Anna, Vera, Amanda, Matt, then Ava and Alice. Crossed from Diana is open, then next sits Haddie, Marry, Josie, me right a crossed from Matt, then Peeta, and Peeta's second seat. We always sit this way cause we sit next to and a crossed from the people we talk most with. And it's because of this that I end up telling Josie and Matt about my plan to ask Johnny out. Matt just nods and says good luck with that. I totally expected that, so I turn to Josie looking for at least a halfhearted response.

"So... He hasn't given you any weed yet?"

Nearly fall off my chair. What is with these people?! Can't see I want advice?! That's when I realize only me and Haddie have ever been in a romantic relationship. Matt's in a relationship, but it's pretty much holding hands in public. Not much romance.

I sigh knowing I should ask Haddie for advice, but whenever I talk to her she starts going off about random crap like this band called One Direction or something. She's a bit too peppy for me. Even Josie, who has a smile glued on her face, has a morbid side. And the fact that she laughs uncontrollably while being morbid is quite creepy.

Figuring I'm not going to get any help from anyone, I just figure I do what I did when Brad asked me out. Don't talk too much, but yet let him feel wanted, and most importantly, stay cool, and don't choke up. With my plan in my head we all head back to our classes. Before I walk back to Hell, I go up to Josie and yank on her dark brown pony tail.

"Ouch!" she turns around with a pouty face, but her hazel eyes are smiling.

"Bitch, ya coming over tonight." I demand.

"Sure, no problem!" she says beaming. Good god, if the sun ever went out, the earth would revolve around her personality.

"Call you." I say as I walk away. She doesn’t respond to me, because she screaming at Marry who just snuck up on her. Maybe I should have warned her. Being around my friends always makes me forget what's on my mind, but as I walk into the classroom my smile fades and I put my ear buds in.

*****************************************************************************************************

Okay, first chapter of my first book completed! What you think? Questions? Comments? Criticism?(hopefully constructive) 

Please comment! Let me know if I should try to finish this or just stick to reading......