Church

Hello all my awesome fans!!! I love you all!!!! Thanks to you, this story is #408 in non- fiction!!!

I LOVE YOU

well, I felt bad for not updating this story enough, so I threw this together! Hope you enjoy!

P.S

I AM NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANY RELIGION IN THIS CHAPTER! PLEASE TAKE NO OFFENCE!

*********************************************************************************************************************

It's the nineteenth. Twelve more day until Halloween. We are all pumped me, Matt, Ava, and Alice are all going trick or treating together. We have established that we will look like idiots, but we don't care. I wanted Josie to come, but she promised Anna and Vera they would go trick or treating together like the old times. I laughed when I heard that. She makes it sound like we're eighty or something.

At lunch we talk about our awesome Halloween plans. I'm laughing about who knows what, when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Sophie shyly standing there. Even though I can tell she feels out of place here, her smile is still wide and her green eyes are shining.

"Hey, Sophie! What's up?" I ask.

"Oh um," She stumbles while playing with her vibrant red hair. "I was wondering if you would like to come to my church group tonight?"

"Sure, I'd love to!" I smile. Sophie's is a great friend, but her mom doesn't like me too much. So the past few weeks I have been going to her church group on Wednesdays to spend time with her, without her mom getting mad. It's actually quite fun. I have made a lot of new friends, and they're not too bad... for Christians. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Christians in general, but being an atheist, we typically don't get along.

"That's great!" Sophie says enthusiastically. "See you at seven?"

"Yep!" I pop my "P" and smile as she walks away.

"Going to church now, are we?" I hear Alice mock. She too is an atheist. No surprise there.

"Oh, don't give me shit," I mumble. "Its just because Sophie's mom hates me, so this is the only reason why I am, and ever will go to church." I state to make that clear to Alice.

"I see." Alice says thoughtfully.

"I don't see what's so bad about it." Ava chimes in. "Abigail could use some repenting." I glare at her. "Do you have something against people who go to church Alice? Hmm?" Ava interrogates playfully.

"Ya Alice," Peeta joins, never missing a chance to tease someone. "Just cause people don't sit around in a dark corner all day, you have something against them?"

Alice puts her hands up in surrender. "I don't have anything against the other inhabitants of this world, I just don't understand them. That's all!"

I laugh at Alice as Peeta continues to mock her. I turn back to my lunch deciding that I should actually eat something, when I hear a sweet voice shout my name. I look up and see Vera staring at me.

"Yo, Abigail." She shouts again to make sure she has my attention.

"Hmm?" I answer.

"What ya, doing the..." She pauses as she thinks. "The 28th?"

"29th" Josie instantly corrects.

"Ya, whatever." Vera mumbles. "Anyway," She continues yelling over the chaos again. "Me, Jos, and Anna are going to Valley scare. Wanna come?"

"Sure" I answer immediately. Then my actual brain kicks in and I have to take it back.

"Why?" Josie whines."It won't be the same without you!"