Fun at the psych ward!

I wake up surprisingly refreshed. I sit up and blinking a few times wondering where the hell I am. I look around at the pristine white walls, and it all comes back to me.

 "Fuck." I mumble as I fall back on to the bed. I throw my arms over my face suddenly wanting to go back to sleep. "How the hell did I get myself here." I mumble. Yes, I do talk to myself, quite a bit actually. I sigh, just one more reason why I ended up here I guess. I groan remembering last night. I how could I be so stupid? I jump when I hear the door open. Good god, I never jump. I see a nurse come in.

"Oh, did I wake you?" She asks in a sweet voice. I shake my head.

"That's good." She smiles and walks in the room. "It's about noon, you can change and go down to the cafeteria if you would like, or I can have food sent to your room."

"Umm," I pause, I not normally that shy, but I really don't want to talk to other people right now. I guess right now, as the shock is still hitting me, is not the best time to make friends. "Could I have food sent here please?" The nurse nods. "Oh, and group therapy will begin at one. Its not mandatory, but highly recommend."

"What do can I do if I don't go?" I ask trying to get a feel for things around here.

"You are not allowed to leave your room if you choose not to attend group therapy." She answers.

I nod and she leaves the room. Good god, its like your three! They threaten you! You don't do what you are told and you are punished or something! I look around and realize there is absolutely nothing to do in this room. It is a small white room with a small window, a dresser, a chair, and a boring painting. I get up and look out the window. I laugh at the sight I see. An alley way in the slums of Minneapolis. I knock on the window. I must be bullet proof, no doubt about it. I scan the room again and laugh at the fact the the room is completely baby proof. You couldn't harm yourself in here if you tried. Which is probably the point. I pick up my bag and put my clothes in the small dresser next to the bed. I decide not to change out of my pajamas until some one yells at me. Hopefully my parents will bring me some more clothes when they come tonight, cause god knows the're coming, whether I like it or not.

I have no clue what the visiting hours are, but they are only letting my parents in. Friends of mine can only come on Saturday. Fuck. I lay back on the bed counting the ceiling tiles a minute before jumping off the bed and walking towards the window. I stand at the window and look out. I watch druggies pass by and police making rounds for a while before I hear the door open again. The nurse smiles and sets down the tray at the small table on the other side of my bed.

"If you choose to go to group therapy, it will be held in the room at the end of the hall, you can't miss it." she says as she leaves the room. I thank her and sit down on my bed.

I mostly just play with the food. Its some kind of soup, a ham sandwich, carrots, and grapes. The grapes are gone in a milli- second as for the rest is just poked at. Unfortunately, I haven't eaten in who knows how long. When I am depressed I tend to eat less. So by the time twelve thirty rolls around, I have eaten most the sandwich, dared to touch the soup, and nibbled on the carrots. I leave my tray like that and get dressed.

Nobody told me to, but I guess its a habit. I decide I will go to the therapy, cause I will die of boredom if I stay in this room any longer. I walk out of my room, and go to the bathroom a couple of doors down. Thankfully no one was in there, I still felt socially dejected at the moment. I went to the bathroom and went back to my room. By the time I am done brushing my hair it is almost one. I sigh and get up to go to therapy. I step out of my room and start walking down to the end of the hall. Instantly I know what the nurse means by 'you can't miss it.' I hear shrieks of laughter the instant I start walking. Not so nervous any more, I walk into the room. They stop and look at me.