1

Percy's POV:

I looked back at the two. "Who's Percy?" I asked. They seemed to be too shocked to answer. I then realized that since there was no one else in the room, they must have been talking to me. "Is that my name?"

I soon found that I couldn't remember anything at all about my past. Not my name, not my age. I couldn't even tell you my favorite color.

"Percy," the grey-eyed girl said. "If that's a joke, it isn't funny..."

I noticed that her eyes now had tears in them, and she was breathing a bit heavier than she was before.

"I'm sorry," I replied. "But I'm not joking, miss..."

"Chase." She replied, her voice sounding a little dazed. "Annabeth Chase... but you know that."

The boy looked panicked now. "Percy, my name is Will, and I've been your doctor for the past week or so. Do you remember any of that?"

I shook my head. "I don't remember anything."

"Nothing?" He asked. "Nothing at all?"

I stood up and backed away from the two a few feet. "Wait," I said. "How do I know you two didn't do this to me?"

"What?" Will asked.

"How do I know I can even trust you? You could have been doing weird experiments to me or something that caused me to lose my memory!" I was back against the farthest wall now, which was stupid because I was farthest from the door, but there was no turning back now.

"No, Percy, we're your friends!" The girl - Annabeth - said, now sounding a bit panicked herself.

"I can't know that. I don't remember..." I looked around for a way out as Annabeth fumbled for something in her pocket.

"Look," she said, rushed over here and handing me a photograph. It was one of her, with a boy, who had almost black hair and sea-green eyes. He was grinning goofily at the camera, while she was turned slightly, facing him.

I looked across the room, and found that very same boy staring back at me from a mirror.
I calmed down, now that I knew we'd at least known each other before. "You said my name was Percy?" I asked, looking at Annabeth.

She nodded. "Yeah. Percy Jackson. Your mother's name is Sally Jackson."

I nodded. "And, your name is Annabeth, right?"

"Yeah." She replied, a mixture of sadness and relief in her voice.

"That's a beautiful name." I commented.

"Thank you." She replied.

I simply nodded. "Hey, where are we?" I asked.

"That's a long story. We're sort of in New York, but also not." Will replied. I hadn't really noticed him walking up. I'd been too busy studying this girl's eyes. They were like a raging storm and a beautiful frost all at once. Like she was intimidating at the same time as she was...home.

That's odd. I don't even know her.

Then there was her hair. She smelled kind of like flowers, and she was almost as tan as Will.

"What should we do?" Will asked.

Annabeth sighed and turned away from me. "I think it would be best to tell the others, then kill Dionysus."

That shocked me. "Wait, what?!"

"Relax," Will replied. "She wasn't being serious."

I looked at Annabeth for her to confirm his statement, only to catch a scowl of resentment. I had a feeling it wasn't towards me, but I still made a mental note not to make this girl angry.

"Well, at any rate, we can't leave him alone." Will said.

Annabeth nodded in agreement.

"Come on." She said, grabbing my hand. "Will, get everyone together and we'll meet in the throne room. And hurry."

And with that, Will took off, leaving me alone with the scary girl.

We walked along a path, and all around us there was ruins of buildings and statues.

"What happened here?" I asked.

Annabeth hesitated, as though she were choosing her words wisely. "There was a battle." she replied.

"I'd hate to fight whoever did all this." I said.

"I...I think you could handle him." She told me with a forced smile.

There was a pause, and I felt the need to fill the silence as we approached a large, Greek building.

"So...do you have a boyfriend?" I asked.

Annabeth gave me a strange look, then nodded.

"Who's the lucky guy?"

"...you, Seaweed brain." She replied sadly.

Before I had a chance to reply, she pulled me into a large throne room, with twelve people sitting on them. Well, more like giants. The people were at least twenty feet tall, and they were bickering about something I could barely understand over the noise.

"Be respectful, Percy. These are the twelve Olympian Gods. Do you remember anything about the gods?"

"I think I know most of their names.." I replied uncertainly.

She nodded shakily as Will lead at least twenty or more people into the room, along with a...a centaur. Nobody else seemed freaked out by this, so I tried my best to stay calm.

"Percy, you're back on your feet!" A small, impish-looking boy exclaimed.

Will stepped in front of him. "Not exactly, Leo." He said.

"What do you mean?" Leo asked.

"Let us explain." Annabeth answered as the gods noticed our presence.

One of them, a man with raven-black hair and green eyes, beamed at me, until he saw my puzzled look.

"Percy?" He asked. His voice sounded vaguely familiar, but before I could respond, Will and Annabeth stepped forward and bowed respectfully.

"My lords," Will said, "I'm afraid we have a problem."