15

Annabeth's POV:

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We need to go, now. There's something here."

"Piper, what are you talking about?" I looked around, but there was no sign of life at all.

"Annabeth, I'm telling you, something is doing this to you. It's like charmspeak, but worse. Darker. This isn't all you. You need to come with me right now. Chiron will help."

Looking at her face, I could tell Piper was telling the truth, and I was going to go with her, but something happened. Suddenly there was another voice.
Don't listen. She doesn't know what she's talking about. She just wants to stop you. To prolong your suffering. She'll do nothing but make it all worse.

"No." I said.

"Annabeth-"

"No! I'm not going with you."

"You have to! Please, Annabeth, just listen to me!"

"Leave me alone, Piper."

"No! Not until your okay. There is something else here. A monster or something. You need to let me help you. Please!" Piper begged.

I looked at her. Maybe she was right...

No! She's not. She's crazy! All Piper wants to do is hurt you.

That doesn't make any sense... Piper's my friend. She'd never hurt me.

"I think you're right." I told her. "There's something very wrong."

We were about to leave, to run back to camp, when a figure emerged out of thin air, below the canopy of trees. She would have been beautiful, if not for her pure black eyes and grey, transparent skin. She seemed almost ghost-like, and her voice was like a banshee's shriek.

"You stupid girl! You couldn't have just left us alone!" It screamed.

I threw my knife, aiming right for her chest, but it flew right threw her, as though she were made of air.

The creature laughed, if you could even call it a laugh. "You really think you can kill me?"

Why wasn't she attacking?

There must be some reason....

That's when it hit me. If she's a wraith, she can't go into sunlight. But if we can't touch her, how do we get her into the light?

"Piper, give me your knife!"

"You're really going to try that again?" Asked the she-demon.

Ignoring her, I threw the knife at he branch above her head, causing it to crack and finally break off.

Shafts of light flooded where she stood. As soon as the light hit the woman, she let out another shriek, and stumbled back blindly. Unfortunately for her, she fell back into more sunlight. Soon, she was nothing but a pile of golden dust.

"Well," I said. "That was certainly interesting."

Piper laughed and rushed forward to hug me.

"Alright, alright." I said, patting her back gently. "It's okay. I'm okay."

She nodded. "Lets head back to camp."

~ Time Skip ~

When we got back to camp, Nico ran up to us.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The search party hasn't come back." He replied.

"Do you know where they were?" Asked Piper.

He nodded.

"Then lets go!" I commanded, rushing to get armor and weapons.

Tonight, we get out friends back, or we don't come back at all.