18 - The End

Percy's POV:

I watched as Jason's sword flew through the air and hit Medea square in the chest.

"No!" I screamed as she turned to golden dust.

I rushed forward, and that's when it happened. A flood of memories swarmed my mind. Every memory, every bonfire with the camp, every quest with Annabeth and with the seven. It all came back.

Rage like never before burned into me, and I raised my sword, and joined my friends in the fight.

As the monsters realized their plan had failed, more and more of them began to flee, unwilling to go back to Tartarus. Those who didn't run were killed.

Most of them kept running until it was just Naomi screaming about how they were all cowards.

She then turned to me, trying in vain to hide the fear in her eyes.

"Percy," she said. "You don't really want to hurt me, do you?"

I raised my sword to her chest. "Yeah, I do." I replied simply, driving my sword through her heart.

Before I knew what was happening, Annabeth had tackled me with the biggest hug I'd ever had.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sorry." I muttered. "I'm sorry. It's okay. I love you so much."

She smiled at me, leaned in and whispered, "If you ever put me through this again, it's not the monsters you'll have to worry about."

I laughed. "Trust me, I know." I looked at the others. "Come on, guys. Let's go home."