6

Percy's POV:

I walked over to Nico and Will, a little nervously.

"H-Hey guys." I greeted them.

Will beamed at me. "Percy! Have a seat."

I felt a little odd as we burned parts of our food for the gods, and everyone kept staring at me oddly.

When we sat back down, one of Will's siblings, a girl with blonde hair, hazel eyes, and freckles dotting her tanned face approached me, everyone else watching intently.

"Is it true?" She asked.

I gave her a puzzled look. "Is what true?"

"That you lost your memory!" She exclaimed, now getting the attention of everyone at the other tables as well. Everyone was now staring silently, waiting for my answer.

"Um...I guess." I said, not really sure how else to respond.

"So you really don't know who you are?!" She asked again.

Dead silence.

"That depends." I replied. "Who am I?"

(A/N: keep in mind ik NOTHING about fashion. Like, at. All.)

The girl was suddenly shoved away, and before me stood a tall Asian girl with brown eyes and black hair. She was beautiful, and was wearing pink eyeliner, a white top, and bright blue jeans.

"Hi, Hon." she said. "I'm Drew, daughter of Aphrodite."

"Drew..." Will said, his tone sounded like a warning.

Drew ignored him. "If you want," she said, biting her lower lip. "I could show you around..." she said this slowly, smiling.

I laughed a little. "Well, as tempting as that sounds, I think I'd rather be with my doctor. After all, we don't know anything about what happened to me really, who knows what could happen next."

Both Nico and Will were grinning at me, but Drew didn't look like the was done yet.

She smiled sweetly (a.k.a., fakely) at me. "Are you sure about that Percy? I don't think you are." And she was right. I really wasn't so sure about anything. "You'd really like to come with me, wouldn't you?" Yeah. That sounds like a great idea. Drew seems so nice, and fun to be around...

"Drew!" Someone yelled. I felt as though I were waking up from a dream. Only then did I realize Drew had done something to me. Something that messed with my own thoughts.

Piper stormed up to drew. "You should be ashamed of yourself!" She was yelling. "Percy can't defend himself against charmspeak! He didn't even know it existed! And here you are, using it against him! He has been through so much, and even saved your sorry life more than once, so you could at least show a little, hell, even an ounce of respect!"

Drew rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. Like you're just so innocent! Have you even told him about all the times you controlled him? All the times you took away his free will?"

I looked at Piper, hoping, expecting her to say it wasn't true. To say she was different. But the moment I saw her eyes, I noticed the guilt hidden there. "That wasn't my fault. I had to do that, and for a good reason. You're trying to use your gift for personal gain."

Piper wouldn't look me in the eye.

I couldn't take this anymore so I told Will I was heading to the beach and left, ignoring Piper calling for me to stop.

I nearly got lost twice on my way to the beach, but it didn't really take long to get there. Once I arrived, I sat on the dock, and let my feet hand over the edge. It was peaceful out here, and I enjoyed it.

No noise. No confusion. No people. Just me and the water.

That is, until I heard footsteps on the wood behind me.

I turned to find Piper, walking towards me slowly, as though she were afraid I'd run away if she made any sudden movements.

"Hey." She said quietly.

"Hi." I replied.

"Look Percy, I'm so sorry! And I can explain everyth-"

"There's no need for you to explain anything." I replied calmly.

"There isn't?"

"No. I suspected there were some things you guys weren't telling me." I admitted. "Like when Annabeth said we all met at summer camp. I know there's much more to the story. I know that I've been through a lot and I know that you're all worried about how this will all turn out."

"You sure know a lot for a guy with no memory." She said.

I nodded. "I've found that when your mind is empty, you're quite observant." I replied.

Piper sat down next to me and nodded. "I guess I can understand that."

You don't understand anything. I thought. Not about this whole memory thing. But, I smiled at her. It was sweet for her to try to understand, at least.

"Thanks."