17

Jason's POV:

We only had enough supplies to make one small smoke bomb, so we would have to use it well, and act as fast as we could.

It had to have been close to midnight when they led us out of our 'prison' and outside. A large ring of various types of monsters surrounded us, as the four of us were pushed into the center.

I felt something being shipped into my hand, and glanced down to see Gavin discreetly handing me a small celestial bronze knife.

Good work.

In the very center of the ring of monsters, was a large bonfire. Medea stood in front of it, holding a bottle in her hands, and smiling evilly at the four of us.

"Jason Grace." She greeted me. "I look forward to watching your slow, painful demise."

"So what's stopping you?" I asked. "If you're going to kill me, do it. Don't taunt me. Just get it over with."

"In time, Jason Grace. We must be patient. I cannot kill you. That honor goes to your little friend. At least, what's left of him."

"What do you mean, 'what's left of him'? What have you done?"

"I've stripped away his mortal soul with my magic and potions. When he takes the life of a mortal, he will no longer be Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon. He will be the son of Tartarus. A monster, possessed eternally by the great, all powerful Ouranos! Your friend is as good as dead." Medea laughed, only fueling my rage.

"You will pay for this." I said.

"No." She smirked. "I won't."

The crowd of monsters parted, and Percy walked up with an empousi. His eyes were nearly completely black, and looking at them gave me the same impression of looking into the eyes of a shark. Cold and dead. No emotion at all in those eyes.

This was not Percy Jackson.

The question was, was it really too late?

Annabeth's POV:

We'd been waiting for hours for the right moment to attack, biding our time, gathering information. Finally, at about eleven thirty, Medea began preparing on the lawn. Soon enough, Jason, Gavin, Nick, and Tyler were all lead out into the center of a ring of the most viscous monsters.

Of course Medea was leading them.

My blood turned to ice when I saw Percy walking up to them. He seemed...different. The way he walked...almost like he held himself differently. Then again, there's no telling what kind of spell he's under, or what their true plans were.

But we couldn't afford to get sloppy. We had to wait until the moment was just right. There wouldn't be a second chance.

Jason's POV;

"Percy, snap out of it! This isn't you, man!" Nick was saying. I knew there was no use. But we couldn't just give up. There had to be a way.

Somehow.

Medea approached Percy and handed him a long sword. One of the beasts that had been holding us hostage pushed Gavin roughly forward.

I saw movement to my left, where Nick was, but I didn't dare to look. We all struggled as hard as we could to get to Gavin, but t was no use. We weren't strong enough.

Percy smirked and raised his sword, ready to deal the death blow, when suddenly, smoke filled the air.

Percy and many of the monsters turned in confusion to find the source of the smoke, and that was their mistake.

Acting quickly, I stabbed the cyclops to my right while Tyler and Nick took out the monsters on my left.

"No!" I heard Medea screech. "Percy, kill him now!"

Nick tackled Percy to the ground while the rest of us attempted in vain to fend off the swarm of monsters descending upon us.

Suddenly, Annabeth was at my side.

And Nico.

And Piper.

Annabeth tossed me a sword and I gave her the knife in return.

There was no use. Fighting off the monsters and Percy. We were going to lose. 

That's when it hit me.

Medea said that it was because of her powers that Percy was like this. Maybe only the death of her powers could stop him now. It was worth a try.

"We have to kill Medea!" I shouted to the others. "It's the only way to help Percy!"

Annabeth nodded. "Go!" She said. "We'll cover you!"

Slowly but surely, we made our way to the enchantress, who was attempting to get Percy to kill us, not that he wasn't already trying, by the crowd of monsters was thankfully keeping us apart, and none of the monsters would dare touch him now that he was Medea's pet.

Finally, I saw an opening. This would be my only chance to save Percy and stop Ouranos from destroying our world as we know it.

I threw my sword and...

To be continued... 😈