7

Ooohhh! Look, it's me and Phelix! I'm in the pink!!

Percy's POV:

I saw flashes of different scenes running through my mind as I walked along the beaten path, and through the thick forest surrounding the camp.

I was in all of them, but I was never alone.

There was me, fighting against Jason, me, fighting, (and winning) against the gods, me, holding Annabeth by her throat. Me, training on my own, but even then, I wasn't truly alone...

I'd dreamt about these scenes, I'd thought of them as memories, but I couldn't recall doing any of them, nor why I would want to.

I could remember destruction. Tearing down Olympus, the camp... And the more I thought about it, the more confused I became.

Why would they hide this from me? Why did I do it in the first place? Was any of it even real? If it was, what else could they all be hiding? Why would I do something like this? Were they actually my enemies?

All these questions raced through my mind as I tried to solve a puzzle with so many pieces missing. I felt lost, confused, and mentally exhausted. I wasn't sure if I really could trust any of my 'friends' or not. I wasn't sure if I could really trust myself...

I walked deeper into the forest, not caring where I was heading. I was too lost in though to remember that there were monsters in these woods, and that I really should have been paying more attention.

After a while, I heard something.

A twig snapping to my left.

Turning my head, I saw a beautiful young girl with long, dark brown hair, and bright vibrant blue eyes.

"Percy!" She said, rushing up to me. "Thank the gods I found you!"

I took a step away from her. "Excuse me?"

She looked hurt and confused. "Percy?" She asked. "What's wrong? Why are you even here?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Why are you here? Who even are you?!" I hadn't meant it to come out so harsh, but I didn't know this girl, and she should know by now that I don't remember anything. Plus, it was a little odd, meeting a stranger in the middle of the woods who claims to know you...

The girl gasped. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Perce, it's me, Naomi..."

"I'm sorry," I said, trying to be a little more gentle. "But I have no idea who you are."

Naomi looked like she was going to cry or something. "Oh, Percy," she said. "What did they do to you?" She reached to place her hand on my cheek, but I pulled away.

"What are you doing?!"

"Percy, calm down, I'm you're friend!" She said.

"Yeah, heard that one before." I replied.

Naomi sighed. "Percy," she said confidently. "You know me. Don't you remember any of the battle? Against those so-called gods and these miserable excuses of demigods? Percy, you were our leader! You have to remember fighting for us! With us!"

And she was right. I did remember the battle. And I did fight against them and their gods. Maybe I did know her...

"Percy, you have to come with me! I was only able to enter the camp in the first place because I had a friend on the inside." She continued. "You asked me why I was here? Because you were MIA and we had looked everywhere else. Percy, you have to believe me! Aren't I even a little familiar?"

And...I did believe her. It explained the memories much better than anything else, and she was familiar...

"I...I'm not sure..." I said. It was getting a little hard to think...

Naomi took another step towards me, only this time, I didn't step away.

"Come on Percy, you know you can trust me."