11

Percy's POV:

I grinned as I slay yet another monster.

My training has increased this past week and a half, and I was now fighting against handfuls of monsters at a time.

I suppose Medea's potions were really working to heal me.

I was remembering more too. More about Ouranos, and the war. About how I'd fought against Annabeth and the rest of the demigods, and had believed deeply in what I'd been doing. For all that I didn't remember, Naomi was helping to fill in the blanks.

I knew Annabeth hadn't lied. We had dated, but then I realized I was on the wrong side. When I sided with Ouranos, Annabeth turned against me, and Naomi had been there for me.

We were going to bring the camp down and raise Ouranos to power, but Annabeth and the other campers managed to stop us, and erased my memories so that they could try to use me.

I just wish my memories would come back quicker.

But, as Medea says, there is nothing any of us can do to help my recovery. Well, nothing we aren't already doing, that is.

So, I'll wait, and train, and soon, we will finally have what we want. Our lord will return.

Annabeth's POV:

"Annabeth, you need to calm down." Piper said, trying to soothe me.

"Calm down?!" Even I was shocked by the way my voice raised. "I'm sorry." I said, trying to get a hold of myself. "It's just, Percy is out there with the enemy, with no memory of who he is, and who knows what they're doing to him, if he's even still alive!"

"I'm sure he's going to be fine." Piper replied gently. "This is Percy we're talking about. He always seems to push through."

I shook my head. "No, it's different this time. This time it's not all Percy. He doesn't know who he is, Piper. He isn't Percy right now. And that will be our greatest problem. If they know he has no memory, which I have no doubt that they do, then they'll use that to their advantage. They'll probably use charmspeak or other means of controlling him to get him on their side.

"They could be causing so much damage to his mind right now. False memories. Lies. Anything to turn him against us. They know we won't kill him, and that, along with his skills, makes Percy the perfect weapon. Without him, I doubt we'll win."

"Hey, don't talk like that." Piper scolded. "We can get by just fine without Percy. Jason can lead us until we get him back. And we will get him back, have no doubt about that. We just need a plan. That's all."

I nodded slowly, as my mind began to work.

"Well, first we need to find out where he is, then we'll need to watch the place. Find out how many we're up against, and how best to attack. From there, we can coordinate a more organized strategy that herself anyone will even follow. And ultimately, we'll probably lose."

Piper's POV:

"Well, the first part of that's something to go on. Honestly, what has gotten into you? This isn't the first time Percy's gotten himself kidnapped, and you're hardly helpless without him! Annabeth, pull yourself together." I know Annabeth, and she is far from a damsel in distress. So what's different this time? What's wrong now?