10

Annabeth's POV:

It's been three days since Percy disappeared, and needless to say, I'm really getting tired of this routine. It seems to have happened a lot since Hera first kid napped him and erased his memories, but at least back then he had enough of them to find his way back to us.

Now, he has nothing.

He'll be so easy to manipulate. Weak, vulnerable. Ironic, considers mere weeks ago Percy was the bravest, strongest person I knew. The toughest, most fierce opponent you'd ever meet in battle. No one wanted to get on his bad side, not even the gods.

And now....

Now he was lost to some Empousa, probably already dead, and it's all my fault for not watching after him. For not making sure he didn't do anything stupid like this!

I should have stuck with him no matter what, but I let my guard down and now he's gone! What are we going to do?

Come on... think. You're a child of Athena, you can't just sit around and do nothing, so think. What's the plan?

Well, first we should figure out where Percy is being held, then we can see what we're dealing with.

I doubt it's only one enemy. If it was, even in this weakened state, I'm sure Percy would get himself out. No, keeping him down would require power and security. It would require a fool-proof plan. No normal monster could have devised it.

But who then? All out enemies were gone. Kronos was locked away in Tartarus, Gaea was asleep, and Oranos was expelled permanently from Percy's body.

Maybe some of their followers wanted revenge? Unless there was yet another enemy we didn't know about? And, with out luck, that was entirely possible.

The question is, who is it?

Percy's POV:

I felt...different.

It's hard to explain.

These last few days, I'd been training and takin my potions. Each day was easier and easier. Like some burden was being lifted from my shoulders.

Medea said I was improving, and that the potions were working faster than she had expected them to. She seemed rather enthused about that, though, I couldn't care less.

I suppose that's part of the reason I was feeling so different. My emotions seemed...dull. Like they were only half there.

I hated that feeling more than anything else, but I didn't know what I could do about it. I know it helped to fight, but there seemed to be something missing at the end of each training session. Something vital.

Maybe if I figure out what it is, I can get back to feeling normal again. Maybe.

Naomi's POV:

The potions were strengthening Percy, and quickly damaging his soul. Soon, he will be half-soulless. When his soul is almost gone, the potion will stop working, and he will need to take the life of another human in order to complete his transition.

Then, we will have all his demigod skills and powers, but he will also be a monster. A creature of Tartarus, with no regard to human life, only the bloodlust to end it. Only then, will Ouranos be able to re-enter Percy's body and take his revenge.

Soon the bloodlust will make itself evident. Not much longer.... then out lord will rise, and with him, so will we. We will all finally have the power we deserve.

The gods will tremble at the mere mention of our names!