16

Jason's POV:

When I woke, I was in a dirty, cramped supply room with the other demigods I'd come with.

Gaven was huddled in the corner, and the two boys I'd asked to come with me were trying to find a way out of here. There was Nick, son of Hephaestus, and Tyler, son of Athena.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

Tyler shrugged. "We only woke up a little while ago."

"Gavin?" I asked.

He shrugged shakily. "Not sure." The boy mumbled. Not very useful...

"Any ideas on how to get out of here?" I asked hopefully.

"Not really." Nick replied. "Even if we get out of this room, we have two Cyclopes guarding the door, not to mention the army of monsters after them. Plus, they confiscated our weapons and we have no backup, and no way of contacting camp."

"So we're just stuck?" Gavin asked.

"No." I said. "They aren't going to kill us. They need us for something or they would have done it by now. We wait for that, and when I give the signal, we stand and fight with all we have. But stay together. We're stronger that way. Gavin, you're a son of Hermes, are you any good at stealing?"

The boy nodded. "Good. Then try and swipe any weapons you can while I distract them. Nick, you have anything useful?"

Nick took a minute to think. "Empty your pockets, all of you."

We did as he asked, though we didn't have much. Only some tin foil, a box of matches, and some sugar packets that Gavin had.

"Why do you have sugar?" I asked.

"I don't know. When I'm at restaurants they're just...there, so I take them."

Nick grinned. "Of corse you do." He said. He began looking on the shelves of dusty boxes for anything else he could use.

Picking up a small bottle, he grinned.

"Look for anything flammable. We need to make a small fire."

"What?" I asked.

"Relax. Nothing that'll cause too much smoke and suffocate us. I'm making a small smoke bomb. It's not much, but it'll work as a pretty good distraction. You got anymore sugar, kid?"

Gavin nodded happily and dug back into his pockets.

Well this'll be interesting.

Percy's POV:

Today's the day. I'll finally find out what's going on. I'll finally find out who I am.

At exactly Midnight, we will perform a ritual, and Ouranos will rise again, only this time, it will be permanent.

"You must rest, Percy." Naomi told me. "You will have a difficult task tonight."

"And what is that?" I asked impatiently. I was no longer their play thing. I want answers already.

Naomi, realizing this, replied. "You've been killing monsters, and that's fine. But they come back. Haven't you felt like something is missing?"

I nodded.

"That's what we need to fill in, for you to finally be complete, tonight, you must take a mortal life. One that doesn't just magically come back. We have some demigods for you. I recommend the youngest. He's a coward, shaking at the sight of us. He'd be the easiest to kill. But it's entirely your choice."

"You want me to kill a child?" I asked. No, that wasn't right. But...why do I feel like this? So... numb to it. I know it's not right, but I should defiantly care a lot more than this.

Medea came in with my potions, and handed me the first one. I hesitated.

"What did you do to me?" I asked. The potions must be the reason I feel this way... how could I kill a child?

When Medea spoke, her voice was calm and confident. "We are only trying to help you Percy. Now drink your potion. I promise it will make you feel much better."

Before I knew it, I was lifting the potion to my lips. I needed to drink it. It'll help me.

When I'd finished my potions, I couldn't see why I'd been upset.

It was just a mortal, and it was for Ouranos.

"Here, Percy. Drink this too." Medea said. "It'll help you rest before tonight."

I nodded and took the potion from her.

This both one smelled and tasted sweet, and when I'd finished it, I found myself relaxing. On second thought, sleep sounded pretty good.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, and Naomi gently led me to my cot in the corner of the room. When I lay down, I realized just how heavy my eyes were. And it was rather nice here...

Maybe just sleep for a while.

Naomi was saying something, but I didn't care. I just closed my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

Naomi's POV:

Once Percy was asleep we continued the preparations.

Finally, his soul is almost completely gone. Tonight, we get our revenge!