4

Annabeth's POV:

Most of the other counselors left. The only remaining we're the rest of the seven, Chiron, Nico, Will, and Grover.

We decided to stay in the big house with Percy for a little while longer.

The more we talked with him, the more I realized how innocent he'd become. He no longer carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. He was more like the kid before the wars. Before all the death. Before Ouranos. His smile was whole again.

I grabbed his hand, and he jumped a little at first, then relaxed. Percy picked up my hand and examined it like it was the most interesting thing in the world. He then looked down at his own hands as though he were seeing them for the first time.

"Percy?" I asked, a little amused. "What are doing?"

"Our hands are calloused." He replied. "Like, really calloused."

I looked down at my hands to find that he was right. "Well, yeah." I replied. "I suppose all demigod hands are like that after a while."

"Oh." He said, still looking down at his hands.

"They're just hands, Percy." Jason said, laughing a little.

Percy looked up and grinned. "Oh, right." He said. "Hey, so, how did we all meet, anyways?"

Before anyone could tell him anything else, I jumped in. "Summer camp."

"Summer camp?" Percy asked, while everyone else seemed a little stunned.

I nodded. "Yeah. We met here. Been coming here since we were kids."

"Cool." Percy said. The others were staring at me, confused, but Percy didn't seem to notice. Instead, he yawned, and I realized how late it had gotten.

"Piper, would you please escort Percy to his cabin?" Chiron asked politely.

"Sure." Piper replied, standing up and walking Percy out of the room.

As soon as they were gone, Hazel turned to me. "Why didn't you tell him?" She asked.

I sighed as everyone turned their attention to me. "He isn't sad."

"What?" Frank asked.

"Percy doesn't have to carry all that weight around with him anymore." I replied. "And, maybe this whole thing is a...blessing in disguise. If he doesn't remember anything we can re-teach him the skills and rebuild the friendships!"

"No," Leo said. "He deserves to remember."

"He's still Percy!" I exclaimed.

"No child." Chiron said. "Percy has years of experience that will keep him alive. He needs his memories."

I sighed, and nodded. "I understand."

Piper's POV:

As I led Percy over to the Poseidon cabin, he was looking around in wonder. There were only a few campers left, and by now I'm sure the whole camp knows about Percy's... little situation.

"I really come here every summer?" He asked in amazement.

I laughed a little. "Yeah. And you're pretty popular around here."

"Really?" He asked.

I nodded. "Your father wasn't supposed to have any kids, but he broke his oath when he met your mother. Same thing happened with Jason, Nico, and Thalia. All your fathers are known as the 'big three' around here."

Percy nodded as he took this in. "Will I get to see my mother?" He asked.

"I-I don't know, honey." I replied gently. "I think so, but that's not up to me." He looked hopeful and sad at the same time. "Well," I said, as we walked up to his cabin. "This is it."
We walked into the cabin, Percy looking around slowly, taking everything in.

"This place is really mine?" He asked.

"Well, sometimes your half brother, Tyson, will come by."

"I have a brother?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. He's younger than you, but he's also a Cyclopes, so he's much taller. Most of the time though, he stays with the other Cyclopes' under the sea, forging swords made of celestial bronze or imperial gold."

"Wow." Percy replied. The boy boy seemed a little shocked.

"Yeah." I replied. "I know it's a lot to take in all at once."

Percy nodded and walked over to his bed. He then emptied his pockets. All he had were a few crumpled up dollar bills, some change, and Riptide.

"You might as well put the pen back." I told him.

"Why?" He asked.

I smiled. "Uncap it."

And so, Percy did as I told him to. The look on his face when Riptide turned into a sword... absolutely priceless.

"My pen turns into a sword?!" He exclaimed excitedly.

I nodded. "It's called Riptide. And you never need to worry about losing it, because if you set it down, it will come back to your pocket a few minutes later." I told him.

Percy was now examining Riptide in amazement and disbelief.

After a few minutes, he placed the cap back on the tip of his sword, and put it back into his pocket.

"Well, I guess I'll let you get some rest and-"

"Wait." Percy said suddenly.

"Yeah?" I asked, now a little confused.

"I...well, can you...can you stay for a little while?" Percy asked.

"Why?" I asked as gently as I could, trying not to sound harsh.

Percy suddenly looked embarrassed and shy. I don't think I'd ever seen him like that.

"Well," he began. "I..."

"Yes?" I asked gently.

"I don't want to be alone." He said. Percy bowed his head slightly in embarrassment.

I sighed. "Yeah, I'll stay." I told him.

"Thanks."

I nodded and sat on the bed across from Percy's. This could be a long night.