Chapter 12

One month before the wedding
Courtney's POV
Today Olivia wasn't feeling well so Mari and I went to work without her.
The day was slow and miserable because I couldn't see her, but I just shrugged it off because I'd see her at 5:00.
At around lunchtime I got a really bad feeling. It just came over me. I called Mari and told her that we had to check on Olivia immediately. So we got in the car and drove to the apartment. And what I saw broke my heart.
* * *
Courtney and Mari got home and couldn't find Olivia anywhere. Courtney was about to call her when she saw something in the back yard.
Floating in the pool motionless was Olivia.
"CALL 9-1-1" Courtney screamed at Mari.
She ran outside and dove into the pool to see if she could save Olivia.
She could faintly hear Mari
"PLEASE COME QUICK ONE OF MY FRIENDS DROWNED"
After Mari finished her sentence Courtney couldn't hear anything else.
She immediately started preforming CPR on her.
"Please, please, come on Olivia it's okay, you're gonna be okay" she sobbed.
Mari went and held Olivia's head up while Courtney tried to revive her.
Every memory that Courtney ever had with Olivia played in the back of her mind as she sobbed trying to get a pulse.
It was like a pattern, she would pump her chest twice then breathe into her mouth.
Pump
Pump
Breathe
"Come on baby girl, come on, it's okay" she said trying to reassure herself
Pump
Pump
Breathe
"Olivia you can't die. We're going to get married and we're going to grow together" cried Courtney.
Pump
Pump
Breathe
"Olivia, please you can't leave, I love you. I'm in love with you"
Pump
Pump
Breathe
Just as Courtney finished that last breath Olivia began coughing and hacking up water.
Courtney was hysterically holding her and crying.
Mari went to let in the paramedics leaving Courtney alone with the barely breathing Olivia.
"Courtney?"
"Yes sweetheart I'm right here, what happened?"
"I-I was walking around to clean the leaves out of the pool and fell in" Olivia said weakly.
"You're okay now baby it's okay" Courtney finished as the paramedics took her to the ambulance and then the hospital.
* * *
"It's a good thing you got their when you did Miss Miller" said the doctor
"If she were in there any longer her lungs would have completely filled up and she would've had excessive brain damage, resulting in death".
"She's okay though right?" Courtney asked nervously
"Yes Miss Miller. You saved her life, after I finish some more tests I'll release Miss Sui and you'll be able to take her home"
"Thank you doctor".
* * *
Once they had returned home Courtney broke down into a sob.
"Honey it's okay, I'm okay. We're going to get married, I'm not leaving" Olivia said trying to reassure her soon to be wife.
"I - I thought I really lost you, when I saw you I knew that I didn't want to live without you" Courtney replied still sobbing.
"It's okay court, come here" Olivia pulled her into a hug. Usually it was Courtney holding her, but this time it was the other way around. Courtney felt defeated, and Olivia knew that Courtney loved her more than anything else. And she felt the same.