t w e n t y e i g h t

Yet another night where he ran out of ideas to do and ran out of ingredients to to cook something up. With a towel thrown over his head, he began to dry up his hair. It was probably the 5th time he took a shower that day. He had resorted to spending yet another half an hour to freshen up because he couldn't come up with what else to kill time with.

Dropping his body to be welcomed by the slight coolness of the couch, his left hand reached for a cushion to hug and the other hand grabbing hold of the television remote and pressing the power button.

A foreign romance movie came into screen and he's reminded of the channel's schedule of airing critically-acclaimed movies from all around the world for the whole month. The language of the movie was a one he's only heard on a few occasions. Thankfully, subtitles exist and he was able to understand. He might even enjoy it as how others had, although he had missed a chunk of the beginning.

He was engrossed with the movie and how it potrayed the story of two young hearts being in love. Not to mention the cinematography. After the long hour of watching the movie with a few gawks and sighs of awe, he felt a burst of happiness flow.

Seeing how his journal was on the coffee table in front of him, he took it and began to write down his thoughts.

To see how love is explained in another language gives an odd fascination. Of course, watching a foreign movie would be impossible without subtitles. But to understand how they build up their words from their emotions in a language so alien to me is refreshing.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense but from the movie and seeing back on my thoughts. I could say that language doesn't limit one to express love. Language and actions are the ways for us to convey the emotion of love we have.

I hope even with the limitations of language, I could still spread out love. Because emotions are beyond the barriers of language and love is certainly something one could project to the world, in their own special way.