Chapter 5

Snapping out of her angry thoughts, she glanced around. Her office was not as large as his, but fairly spacious with a big window behind her glass desk. A computer sat on the desk and three huge filing cabinets stood in the right hand corner. A crème colored chair sat in front of her desk and a swivel dark chocolate chair sat behind it. The walls were crème colored while the floor was wood. Going over to sit behind her desk, Layla noticed a door directly in front of her and immediately guessed it led to the hallway. She was right.

Sighing, she picked up the letter Mr. Wilde wanted her to send off and started working. Two hours later after setting up some meetings, she was ready for a break and glanced down at her watch. It was only ten o'clock but she was starving. Quickly she looked up as the door connecting her office to Mr. Wilde's opened and he walked in.

"Do you have an evening gown," he asked abruptly.

Layla raised one eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"I won't repeat myself," he spat, "Now do you or not?"

"No, of course not," answered Layla flustered and cofused.

"Get up, we're going shopping," he ordered.

Layla was officially speechless and she still hadn't moved. Her face mirrored her confused thoughts and Mr. Wilde fought the urge to grin as he looked at her adorable chin hanging open and her big green eyes wide as saucers. What was with him around this woman?

Instead, he forced himself to frown and say annoyed, "Close your mouth and get up. I haven't got all day."

Layla scrambled to her feet and pitched forward as her feet got tangled up and she fell. Or would have fallen. Two strong arms reached out and grasped her waist picking her up as if she was light as a feather. She looked up into the handsome face of Mr. Wilde and just about passed out. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't attracted to him. And the way he was looking at her right now with his eyes full of concern baffled her.

He set her on her feet and backed away his eyes hard as he muttered something about stupid PA's and clumsiness. He left the room and Layla leaned against her desk to catch her breath. Well, that was awkward. She dismissed the concern in his eyes as a trick of her imagination and straightened her dress as she headed for the elevator.

"Hey, where you going?" asked Rose.

"Mr. Wilde burst in my office, asked if I had an evening gown, and when I told him no, ordered me to go shopping with him for one," huffed Layla.

Rose's mouth hung open. "Wow," she squeaked, "Call me later. I need details."

Layla chuckled and said, "I'll text you my address. You can come over later."

"Will do," chirped Rose excitedly, "I'm in need of a good girl talk."

Layla waved as she got in the waiting elevator. Mr. Wilde was waiting outside the front door by an expensive blue car. Her eyes bugged out and she stopped and stared. "Holy cow," she whispered.

Mr. Wilde barely held back a grin. He opened his door and got in the car. She was still standing on the steps staring at his car. "Can you get in already?" he yelled, smirking when she jumped coming out of her daze and hurrying to the car.

Jerking open the passenger door, she got in and asked hesitantly, "Where are we going? And why do I need an evening gown?"

Mr. Wilde roared off down the street as he answered, "You'll see."

Layla crossed her arms annoyed and Mr. Wilde watched her out of the corner of his eye. She was so beautiful when she was angry. Then her phone chimed and she picked it up out of her lap and glanced down. "Oh my gosh!" she shrieked, her hand flying to her mouth.