Chapter Eleven-The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

((Is it just me or does it look like Leo is saying "Of course I like you" 😆))
(^ω^)(^ω^)(^ω^)

Leo sighed as he finished telling Olivia how patrol had gone. It wasn't much of a dramatic tale, but it gave him an excuse to talk to her. He was beginning to loose hope. It'd been three long antagonizing months since she'd been in a coma. And she hadn't given any sign that she was waking up soon.

He rubbed the back of his neck as he stared at her. "I wish you would've been here to see it, Liv. Patrol... Life... Just isn't the same without you.These last three months have been... Dull." He paused for a moment, hoping to get some sort of miracle reaction out of her. Instead, he got nothing. His brow furrowed.

"Leo," Raph called, poking his head into the dojo. Leo turned around, looking into his brother's green eyes. "Time for dinner." He said simply. Leo nodded. "Just...just give me a few more minutes." Raph's eyes drifted to Olivia for a split second and Leo could see the sadness inside of them. Then, the red clad turtle left as quickly as he'd come.

Leo turned back to Olivia, his eyes watering a bit. "See you later Olivia." He said simply. He placed his hand on hers, smiling a bit at how adorably small her's was compared to his. Then he stood up, ready to leave. Suddenly, Olivia's hand grasped his, though it was weak. Leo jerked around, surprised by the motion just as he was joyous. He chuckled, squeezing her hand back. "Leo!" Raph called. "I'm coming!" Leo yelled back. With a final glace toward Olivia, he rushed out of the dojo, a wild grin on his face.
— — —
Olivia was blindly feeling around her dark surroundings, when she did it. She held his hand. She didn't know how, but she did. After that three months comment, she began to freak out. It only felt like she'd been here for only a day. That's when she started blindly moving her arms around. Nothing could describe the sheer joy she felt when she was able to hold Leo's hand.

Now he was gone. Tears spilled from her eyes. "I wanna go home." She silently sobbed. "Let me out." soon her voice grew louder "Let me out! Let me out!" Then she began screaming at nothing. "LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!!!!!!!" Nothing happened. She hugged her knees close to her chest. "Please let me out." she whispered, echoes fading into nothing.

Suddenly, a blinding pain shot throughout her body, causing her screams to shake the darkness. She felt herself falling and the weight on her chest feeling lifted. Then she hit the cold hard floor of the dojo so fast, she shot upward, taking in a greedy gulp of air. He heart couldn't stop pounding and her chest still hurt. Not to mention her stomach.

She looked around, taking in the familiar sights of the dojo. Then she laughed. "I'm back!" She whispered. Suddenly she heard footsteps drawing nearer. Her happiness escalated when Leo walked in. His eyes landed on her and for the first time in a while, he smiled. She released something that sounded like a choked sob. Then she got up and ran to him.

However, he met her halfway and they hugged one another. Olivia's tears soaked his shoulder but he didn't care. All that mattered was that she was back. She pulled away and looked into his eyes. "I'm smiling, Leo." She said. He gave a breathy laugh before embracing her again. "Guys! Get in here!" He called. Raph, Donnie, and Mikey rushed into the dojo. When they saw Olivia and Leo in a tight embrace, they all smiled.

"Liv!" Mikey cheered. He was the first to join the hug. "Mike N Ike!" Olivia cheered, welcoming him into the embrace. Donnie soon followed. "Dr. Don!" Donnie grinned, showing his gap. Everyone turned to Raph. He just stood there, dumbfounded. Olivia smiled and opened her arms. Raph didn't hesitate to hug her back,  though he didn't cry, thinking it would ruin his tough guy facade.

"Welcome to the soft side, Hot Head." She smirked. Raph only smiled. April and Casey ran in next, not even wasting time to embrace Olivia. April cried the most perhaps. Casey only gave her a hair ruffle. She didn't oppose. "Welcome back Olivia." Splinter said kindly. Olivia ran over and hugged him. "Happy to be back, Sensei." She said simply.