Chapter Sixteen-Danger Around Every Corner

Olivia brushed a loose strand of hair that had fallen out of her ponytail away from her face. "So, um... What movie are we going to see again?" She asked April, shoving her freezing hands deeper into her hoodie pockets.

April and Casey had convinced her to go to the theatre with them, saying that Olivia didn't go out much at all despite the fact that she looked normal. April sighed. "Some cheesy zombie horror movie Casey wanted to see. It's about a boy and a girl who are best friends and they have to survive the Zombie apocalypse." "And it's gonna be soooo Metal!" Casey cheered.

April scoffed. "Please. It's most likely going to end with the girl and the boy kissing only to have the girl die a few moments later." Casey frowned. "Why you gotta be so rude, Red?" Olivia chuckled. "Wait a second," The blonde began. "Who's paying for the food?" April and Olivia shared a glance before saying "Nose goes!" In unison and simultaneously placing their index finger on their nose.

"Dang it!" Casey hissed. April and Olivia laughed. "Your paying for the tickets too, Jones. Don't you forget it." April smirked.
— — —
The three teens burst out of the theater doors, only one of them enthusiastic about the progression of the movie. "That was so cool when the boy used his bat to flip over the Zombie and smash his head!" Casey exclaimed. "You could clearly see it was a stunt double." April muttered. "Oh! Oh! Oh! And that was so sweet when the girl set off that bomb in the midst of the Zombie hoarde and barely got out alive."

"Casey, lets use logic. We know Zombies are slow but their not so slow that you can just run through an entire hoarde and come out with just one scratch." Olivia said. "But do you guys know my favorite part in the movie?" Casey smirked. "When the girl died?" April offered. "No. When the guy promised to sacrifice his life for the girl's if it came down to it."

"But what did he do when she was being dragged off by Zombies? Nothing! The jerk just stood there calling her name. I'm like, 'YOU JUST SNAGGED A FREAKING PISTOL THAT'S FULLY LOADED AND ALL THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE, YOU'VE BEEN A PERFECT SHOT! SHOOT THE ZOMBIES THAT ARE TAKING YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!!!'" April got the joke and laughed while Casey just muttered a few unkind words to say the least.

However, the trio continued to talk about the movie, and it's many, MANY flaws. Suddenly, Olivia got a sense of foreboding. She stopped abruptly causing her two friends to stop walking as well. "What's up Blondie?" Casey asked. "I... I don't know. I just have this... Feeling that someone is... Following us." April raised a brow. "I don't sense anything. Maybe it's just the effects of the Zombie movie."

Olivia looked around with  narrowed eyes. "Maybe." She muttered. "Come on. We're almost to the lair." April assured her. "When you get back to Leo, that feeling is probably going to dissipate." April smirked. "Or... It might not." A familiar voice purred. Olivia, April, and Casey turned around and gasped. Both Winter and Karai stood behind them.

Karai had one had planted on her hip, her signature smirk present. Winter's arms were crossed, an aggravating smug look on her face. "Hey, Princess. Long time no see." Karai said. "Yeah, last time we didn't get to finish our Play date." Winter added, a sicking grin forming upon her lips. Olivia narrowed her eyes. "Are you guys really going to attack me when I have two other friends, who might I add, are adept in some form of self defense?" Olivia asked.

Ember chuckled while Karai let out a full on laugh. "Your so stupid." Winter said. "We have at least ten times their skill sets. They're armatures compared to us." Karai finished. "And just to prove it..." Winter threw down a round white ball and it exploded, releasing a weird greenish greyinsh gas. Olivia lept up, flipping over it and landing behind Karai and Winter.

The smoke cleared to reveal Casey and April laying upon the concrete. Olivia gasped. "What did you do to them?!?!" She demanded. Karai shrugged. "We just knocked them unconscious." "But we could do way worse." Winter smirked. Both Kunoichis took out their weapons, deadly eyes trained on Olivia.

"Dang it April!" Olivia muttered. The redhead had convinced her that she didn't need a weapon to go to the theater. Winter attacked first, and Olivia was force to play defense. Again. Winter swept her Neko-Te at Olivia. The blonde haired girl held her hands out, grabbing Winter's bladed hands. "You have claws," She began "So do I." Using all her might, she shattered Winter's Neko-Te, elbowing her in the face promptly afterwards.

Karai attempted to kick Olivia, but she dodged. Karai growled and used one of her hands to grab Olivia's wrist, using the other to punch her in the jaw. Hard. Olivia stumbles backward from the contact and into Winter's open arms. The white wolf teen grabbed Olivia's arms tightly. Karai walked over and smirked. "I was just returning a certain favor, Olivia."

Olivia's eyes narrowed. She said nothing, seeing as her jaw was throbbing in pain. "Awe! I hope I didn't hurt you too much, Princess. I think I see a bruise forming." Karai mocked. Olivia growled. "Lights out." Winter whispered. Before Olivia had time to react, Karai forcefully pressed two fingers slightly below Olivia's jaw bone, knocking her unconscious.

Karai and Winter smirked at one another. "Nice one." Winter said to Karai. Karai chuckled. "I try. Now let's get this special package to Shredder."