iii

♛ june thirteenth, two thousand and sixteen

EVERYTHING SEEMED NORMAL that morning when the girls woke up

EVERYTHING SEEMED NORMAL that morning when the girls woke up. today was sports day. sooyoung was going swimming to increase her skill to audition again as captain of the swim team. juhyun was nearby the swimming pool at the track, where she practiced her sprinting. seulgi was in the covered court to practice her basketball. seungwan were in the soccer field hidden from the track by the gymnastics building playing soccer shooting goals. yerim occupied herself by practicing her baseball pitching in the diamond next to the football field.

the girls occupied themselves with their own sports, not minding each  other. they had their own way of relieving their stress into their sports and all of them were working diligently. they all agreed to meet each other back in the cafeteria to eat at noon.

first to arrive was yerim, who had got out of the diamond to take a shower and help cook. second to arrive was seulgi, who practiced her shots from different distances and quickly took a shower after yerim to help set the table. next was seungwan, who showered the same time as juhyun.

the only person missing was sooyoung. they figured she lost track of time, so they gave about thirty minutes for her to come as they ate first. after they had finished eating, it was quarter to one o'clock. sooyoung had still not arrived yet.

the girls, worried their friend has pushing herself too hard, walked to the swimming pool together. they chatted amongst themselves as they walked across the school to get sooyoung.

when they arrived, sooyoung wasn't there. the only thing in the swimming pool was the handle of a jump rope bobbing side to side. the girls almost ignored it until they realized something must be weighing it down.

frightened, the girls had seungwan swim down to investigate. almost immediately after seungwan dipped her head under, she saw the familiar bright green swim cap.

when sooyoung was brought up by seungwan (with the help of seulgi and yerim), they quickly observed what had happened to her. she had been tied by multiple jump ropes. on top of that, she had been attached to her heavy gym bag.

when they had grasped what had happened, they screamed and ran out. if the murderer was anywhere near them, they would be next to drown.

if anything was clear to them, it was one thing.

— the handiwork of that murderer was definitely one of theirs.