x

♛ june fourteenth, two thousand and sixteen

SHE WAS WAITING FOR HER when bae juhyun found kang seulgi outside a classroom on the balcony upstairs

SHE WAS WAITING FOR HER when bae juhyun found kang seulgi outside a classroom on the balcony upstairs. her breath hitched when she saw the girl. the girl that murdered her friends. the girl that was going to kill her too. 

"why did you do it?" the eldest girl asked, her voice cracking. tears stung her eyes as they threatened to spill. 

the younger girl turned around, her back no longer facing juhyun. her eyes were bloodshot from crying and her lips were trembling ever so slightly. "all i wanted was some recognition," was her reply. 

disgust was the only emotion juhyun could feel. this monster murdered her friends because she wanted to be noticed? what kind of sick creature was she?

the orange-haired girl kept talking. "i've never gotten recognition for anything. whenever i presented an idea, everyone would always skip over it, you know. i felt useless. why was i living? no one cared about my ideas, my opinions. they were always so overlooked." 

"you could've just told us!" juhyun screamed at her. nothing was holding her back at this point. she let her anger take over her being. 

"how could i?" seulgi screamed back, her voice cracking. tears flowed from the girl's eyes as she poured out her emotions. "my voice was overlooked for eleven entire years! we are sixteen years old and my thoughts never get considered, even now! why? why me? i'm not the youngest, i'm not the ugliest, i'm not the dumbest!" 

"you can't just murder people you feel depressed!" juhyun countered. 

seulgi's voice returned to deadly calm. "our argument was the last straw," she informed juhyun. "why did you pick their side? you chose the path of their deaths. you caused their deaths. it didn't have to be like this if someone made me feel welcomed."

juhyun huffed. "i chose their deaths? do you have idea what you're saying? you're delusional!"

seulgi sighed. "sooyoung was so easy to kill. she's so naive and ignorant. i killed her first so she wouldn't have to feel the pain of the deaths of the others. she had agreed with me during the argument. i was glad for her." 

juhyun had no words for a solid minute. "i knew that was your tying. you're the one that was closest to her besides me. the basketball court is literally on the opposite end of the hall!"

"it hurt me to kill sooyoung. that's why i knocked her unconscious before i drowned her. i didn't want her to feel pain, especially not after she boosted my confidence," seulgi said, disregarding juhyun's late realization. 

seulgi continued. "it was harder to kill seungwan. i had to start slowly poisoning her food until i fed her the sodium azide. why do you think she complained about the weird taste of the soy milk every morning? no one wanted to taste because it's nasty enough as it is. even with seungwan complaining about the weird taste, no one would want to taste it, even to see. seungwan was always against me since the beginning. she bad-mouthed me behind my back to sooyoung. i know it. she always thought i was weird-"

"because you are!" juhyun interjected. "need i remind you of this situation we're in?" 

juhyun didn't brace for the punch that met her cheekbone. red flashed in her eyes and her instinct was to fight. she punched back, the two girls screaming curse words and crying as they hit each other. it was a flurry of female anger. 

shakespeare was right about one thing. hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. in this case, both women had been scorned. 

when they broke away, seulgi found it as an excuse to continue elaborating on everyone's deaths. "i had to tie down seungwan and i fed her the sodium azide. i was the best in chemistry, i knew what the side effects were. she got a heart attack and died at 2AM today.

yerim? she was too smart. i was going to spare her, but she found out. she went to seungwan's bedroom and found a piece of my hair on the bed next to seungwan's body. i had to knock her unconscious and stab her. it was the only way to get her to keep her mouth shut. you know what they say right? two people can keep a secret if one is dead." 

faint siren noises sounded from afar. juhyun's eyes widened. the police were here! she wouldn't die! this crazy lunatic would be thrown in jail! 

— or so she thought. 

//

noteahhh this was the big reveal. who would've thought? 

- janice.