Tom Riddle's Offer

Hey guys! So the last chapter was 660 words. Do you want me to do 700-1000 like I do for my other book? It may take longer to write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Potions Classroom; Hermione POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning class!! Today, instead of working in pairs you will just work by yourself so I can assess your skill level. You will be making Polyjuice Potion, page 362. Begin please." Slughorn commanded the class. I smirked, I would soon be Slughorn's favorite student.

I got up to go get all of my ingredients. So did Tom. "Riddle, 10 galleons to whoever's potion is better?" I said with a smirk.

The whole class fell silent. Even Slughorn held his breath when Tom replied. "Get 10 galleons ready to give me. No one has beat me."

"I'll be the first."

Then they began, Tom started with his water slightly warm, but the HalfBlood Princes Book said to boil the water. Tom looked over at me. You could see the 'What is she doing?' in his eyes. The whole class was looking at me in disbelief. Haha I'll show them!

Then the Headboy added the rose thorns. He glanced over at me, my book didn't even say to add the rose thorns. But it said to add double rose petals.

"Hermione! What the hell are you doing?!" Riddle asked, looking at me like I was crazy.

I just decided to tell him "The first time I made this potion I was 12. I know what I'm doing."

"Whatever you say..."

Next, Hermione had to add pine needles. It made no mention of flower petals in Tom's book. (A/N I don't know any ingredients for this so I'm making them up as I go. Don't judge me!😜)

I quickly ran to the cabinet and grabbed pine needles. Then I added 6 of them in the potion. After, the directions said to stir the potion 5 times clockwise. But in my book, it said 17 times counterclockwise at a boil. That's exactly what I did. I turned up the burner and stirred. Then I was done. Tom was still working. I made sure to close my book before I called the professor.

"Professor, I'm finished!"

"Oh Merlin! Hermione this potion is better than anything I've ever seen! Is probably better than the maker itself. 30 points to Slytherin. Anyways, I have this club that occasionally has dinner. It's only for a couple of my best students. We have a dinner this Friday. You should come." He leaned closer, whispering to me, "I sure hope Tom has 10 galleons ready."

"Of course I'll come Professor! And I hope he does as well." I said smiling.

Just then Tom called, "Professor Ive completed the potion."

"Good job Tom, 5 points to Slytherin." Slughorn said then walked away, winking at Hermione.

"Riddle, the time has come for you to pay up." I laughed

He glared at me, then walked out.

"Professor, may I-"

"Go get him Miss Granger."

As I left, I heard him say to the class, "Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks they'll end up together." And the whole class agreed with him!

I ran after Tom. Where did he go? I ran down to the Slytherin Common Room, nope. I ran to his common room, nope. The Astronomy Tower! I ran up the stairs to the tower. (A/N lots of dialogue is coming so pay attention!)

"Tom?" I softly called as I walked in. He was standing next to the railing, looking out at the mountains and the lake.

He didn't look at me, but he spoke, "Beautiful isn't it? The valley."

"Very much so, yes. Why are you up here?" I softly asked.

"I come up here to think." He still doesn't look at me.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You mostly. Your the first person to ever beat me. I could use someone like you."

"In what?" Seems like I'm asking all the questions here.

"I have this group, the Knights Of Walpurgus. Very few people know of us. It consists of Malfoy, Black, Lestrange, Nott, and Mulciber. We all want revenge on muggles. None of them are as smart as you though. I propose you join us. You would be a good edition. I must see your dueling skills though. I'm fairly confident you are a good dueler. Duel me?"

"It would be a shame if I said no to a duel," I said. "3...2..-"

"Stupify" Tom yelled, cheater!

I simply sidestepped and yelled, "Incarcerous!" The binding spell.

Tom yelled a "Protego!"

I didn't give him a chance to cast another spell, I yelled, "Locomotor Mortis!" The leg lock curse.

He dodged and yelled "Expelliarmus!"

I let him take my wand, he looked at me in surprise but kept dueling.

I cask a wandless Petrificus Totalus. Which he dodged. Then I cast the bogey bat hex on him. While he was distracted, I yelled "Expelliarmus!" And took his wand.

Then I used Tom's wand to cast a silent "Rictusempra," and the counter curse for the bogey bat hex. I obviously won. I stopped the tickling charm and smiled.

"Dear Merlin whitch! You are crazy. No one has ever beat me in a duel before. Will you teach my knights how to duel like that?"

"Yes Tom, I will join you and teach your knights." I said with a smile.

"Welcome to the Knights Of Walpurgus, Hermione Granger."