Part 9: Let's End This

A/N: more Dash moments to come!

DEAN SLAPPED THE NEWSPAPER ON THE SMALL TABLE

"Another one." He said, the muscle of his jaw tensed.

They were in Ash's hotel room. Wyatt was sitting disinterested across the room, his arms crossed over his broad chest. Sam and Dean were sitting near the table; Ash was hovering near by. As Dean displayed the paper, she peered at it.

"Murderer Plagues City: More victims found"

Sam grabbed the paper, just after Ash had time to read the bold headline. "Last night, the saga of mysterious murders plagued New York City continued as another young woman was found dead, her body drained of blood. The NYPD are convinced the string of murders have been committed by a single perpetrator." Sam read. "The body was found late last night in an alleyway on Canal Street, resulting in a body count of ten."

"It must be them." Ash said, thinking of Ky and Lia.

"No shit." Dean scoffed. "It's them alright."

"The body was found on Canal." Ash said. "Manhattan is only about thirty minutes away."

"They probably aren't there anymore." Sam countered. "Think about it. They know we're looking for them. I'm surprised they dropped another body so soon."

"This city is huge. How are we going to find them?" Wyatt asked, sounding defeated.

"Are you sure we can't track Ky's phone?" Ash asked.

"We tried but he must have some sort of signal jammer software on it or something."

"What if I called?" Wyatt asked.

"What do you mean?" Dean glared at Wyatt distrustfully.

"Ky wouldn't expect me to be with you guys." He explained slowly, talking to Dean condescendingly. "I'll call and tell him I got away and that I want to meet. That way we won't have to wait until we are able to track them down."

"You think he would go for that?" Sam asked incredulously.

"Of course." Wyatt replied coldly. "You murdered his entire family, except for me and Lia. He's probably desperate."

"You talk about these guys like you care about them." Dean said, staring Wyatt down.

"I owed them everything until I realized they were killing people. That changed a lot."

Ash walked over to sit by Wyatt. She put her arm around his broad shoulders and hugged him. She had never really stopped to consider how Wyatt must be feeling. Ky and the Others had been creepy to her, but they had been Wyatt's saviors. They showed him how to control his bloodlust, how to blend in with humans, how to acquire blood without hurting anyone. Until the point when he found out they were murderers, Wyatt must have trusted them. He spent a year with them after all. He might have even loved some of them.