Part 15: Promise

A/N: Thanks so much for all of your support! Sorry that it took me so long to update, Ive been so busy. But all of the votes and comments keep me wanting to update! I'm thinking of writing the next chapter from Dean's point of view. Comment to let me know how you feel about that :)

 Comment to let me know how you feel about that :)

ASH LOOKED IN THE MIRROR.

"Jesus." She mumbled under her breath. The blood had been washed off her face, revealing a pale complexion blotted with rosy cheeks and faded purple shadows under her eyes. She knew she looked like she hadn't slept in days and that putting on a pretty dress wouldn't change that.

Even so, she dropped her towel, letting it fall to her ankles. Standing naked in the small motel bathroom, staring at her own reflection, Ash took a shaky breath. She stepped into the dress she had sent Sam to collect; it was plain black, spaghetti straps and a enveloping shape that made her body look petite yet full. Quick, bruised fingers worked through her wet hair, plaiting her bangs out of her face, back into a small bun.

For the first time in her life, Ash found herself wishing she owned some makeup. Maybe something just to cover up the bags under her eyes...

"Ash." Dean knocked on the bathroom door loudly, startling her.

She opened the bathroom door, revealing herself to him. He was leaning characteristically in the doorway, arms crossed over his broad chest. Ash watched apprehensively as Dean's eyes shamelessly traveled from the low neckline of the black dress, to where it ended on her upper thigh, displaying her lengthy legs, toned from years of being on the run. A gentle smirk formed on his face as his eyes trailed down her legs, to her bare feet.

Say something, Ash's mind seemed to scream. But for once she was speechless, held silent under the weight of Dean's gaze. He was looking at her in a way that made her stomach knot. The way she sometimes looked at him. Or so she hoped.

Ash smiled. "Who knew Sam had such good taste, huh?" She attempted to joke, hands splaying the skirt of the dress wide in gesture.

"Yeah." Dean murmured, unconsciously stepping into the small, already cramped bathroom. The walls and mirror were slick with condensation from her shower, but as he stepped towards her, the room seemed to increase one hundred degrees. "Who knew..."

Ash shivered as a trickle of water dropped from her hair, landing on her neck.. Dean's eyes caught sight of the small beads of water trailing down her neck, across her collarbones.

Gently, he reached out, brushing the water away with a simple brush of his thumb. Despite the heat surrounding her, a shiver trickled down Ash's spine, causing her to draw closer to the man standing in front of her.