Part 12: It Gets Worse

A/N: Hey, guys! I really appreciate all the votes and feedback I get! It really encourages me to keep writing! So thanks so much for all those who have supported me!
-j.k

DEAN SNAPPED HIS CELL PHONE SHUT

"Sam says it was a vampire." He said to Ash, regarding the murder Sam had gone to investigate. "He's going to check if there were any other bodies or missing persons we might have overlooked."

Ash watched Dean's hands tighten their grip on the wheel. His knuckles became white, the tendons of his wrists straining underneath his skin. When he looked at Ash, his expression was not friendly.

"Did you lie to me, Ash?" Dean asked, his voice incredibly low, close to a growl.

"What?" Ash looked at him, shocked. "No-about what?"

"Ky and Wyatt were here last night." Dean explained, his jaw tensed. They were in the car outside the warehouse still, about to leave when Sam called. "If they were here, they couldn't have killed someone downtown. Meaning they aren't the only vampires here."

Ash felt her skin prickle under the cold look Dean was giving her. She didn't deserve it. Maybe she did before. But she hadn't lied again.

"Dean-"

"Who else are you trying to protect?" Dean narrowed his eyes.

"No one-"

Dean angrily got out of the car. Feeling numb, Ash followed. "You lied to me about how many vampires there were before. Now there's another one."

"I swear to God, Dean, I have no idea who it is!" Ash yelled back, hating the way he was looking at her. "I told you the truth. I only lied about Wyatt because I was afraid you would hurt him!"

Dean ran a hand over the stubble on his jaw in agitation. "So what? There's just another vamp out there? There are no coincidences, Ash, there just aren't. The more people that die-"

"I'm telling you the truth!" She rebuked angrily. "Ky and Wyatt are the only vampires I know that are alive."

Dean scoffed. "Sorry, but I'm not that compelled to believe you."

"Screw you, Dean." Ash rolled her eyes, her temper spiking.

"Screw me?" Dean repeated, glaring at her. "This entire mess is your fault."

Ash felt her stomach drop, hurt flooding through her. Until now, she hadn't realized Dean had the power to hurt her.

"Yeah. Maybe it is." She said, that frown etched on her face still. "But I told you everything. Okay. I'm sorry I lied before. I already told you how sorry I am. But I would do it again to protect Wyatt. I would do anything to protect him. So why in the world would I be hiding something about the people who took him?" She took a deep breath after finishing her rant.