Part 13: Just Fine

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for sticking with this story this far! I'm trying not to rush things between Ash and Dean, but I promise their relationship is going to develop!
-j.k

"WHAT IS IT?" DEAN ASKED

Ash didn't want to speak. Saying the words out loud was too real. She couldn't even be sure what she suspected was true. But she felt it. Haunted by those words, they only finally seemed to gain meaning.

"The other vampire." Ash said slowly, looking between Sam and Dean. "The one who turned Wyatt."

Sam looked surprised. "You think he's the one behind this?"

"He said he would be back." She explained. Pale fingers rubbed the pearl around her neck desperately. Her minds eye was seeing it all again; blood on the pavement, the layers of jagged, broken looking teeth, the acidic taste of fear in her mouth. "This must have been what he meant."

Dean raised an eyebrow. "This? These murders?"

"Dean-" Ash said, convinced. It made sense. "He said he would come back for me. And now all these missing girl's look like me. He must be-"

"Looking for you?" Sam finished for her, incredulously. "Ash, he found you almost ten years ago. Why would he keep looking? And why did he only surface now?"

"I don't know, Sam." Ash sighed. "I still remember what he said. He told me he had been watching me. What if-what if him attacking me wasn't random at all? What if-"

"Woah," Sam said, still looking at her in disbelief. "Slow down, Ash. We'll figure this out." He reached a large hand out, touching the girl's shoulder lightly, in a gesture that anyone else would have found comforting.

Ash flinched away from his hand, hard. "Don't patronize me, Sam." She couldn't keep the frown of frustration off her face. It was obvious; neither Sam or Dean had any conviction in her speculations. To them, she was probably being paranoid and self centered. She didn't know why that vampire would be after her, she couldn't answer any of Sam's questions, but she knew in her gut she was right. The fact that they didn't see it hurt more than it should have.

Ash turned her back on them, beginning to descend the stone stairs quickly.

"Ash!" Dean rasped from behind her. "Where are you going?" He grabbed her arm, halting her. His grip was firm and she felt the warmth of his palm through her army jacket.

I don't know.

"Look, I know it's crazy." Ash explained. "But it makes sense."