Part 14: Changed

ASH GLANCED AT THE DOOR

Right before leaving her alone in the motel room, Dean had sat her down on the bed and given her a serious look. "Sammy and I are going to talk to the families of the victims. Find out what we can. You stay here."

Ash had frowned. "Yeah. I listen to whatever you tell me to do." She rolled her eyes and moved to stand, but Dean caught her wrist and tugged her gently back down beside him. Begrudgingly, she sat, her skin prickling where he touched her.

"Okay, okay. Will you wait here?" Dean asked.

Ash knew why she couldn't come along. Impersonating police wasn't in her bag of tricks and if she was being truthful, she didn't want to tag along. She looked like all of the dead girl's. Surely, introducing herself to their families would be no comfort. Hi. I'm not a real detective, I'm only pretending to be. Also, your daughter is dead because of me.

"You want me to just wait here doing nothing until you get back?" Ash questioned.

"Pretty much." Dean said. "We won't be long."

Then he left.

Ash was still sitting on the edge of Dean's bed. It was only after a few minutes of sitting there alone, with nothing to distract her from her thoughts, that she grew restless. Maybe she couldn't help Sam and Dean interrogate the families of the victims. But she sure as hell wasn't going to sit there doing nothing all day.

Ash knelt on the floor, hands reached underneath the bed to pull Dean's duffel bag of weapons. She unzipped it in a rush. Inside was a small arsenal: blades, guns, cases of ammo. Ash grabbed a machete and loaded gun. She tucked the gun into the waistband of her jeans, the sheathed machete going in the pocket on the inside of her jacket. She didn't know exactly where she was going, but she wasn't staying put.

Closing the hotel door behind her, Ash flicked her hood up as she stepped outside. It was misting heavily, the air cool enough to raise goosebumps on her skin. Hands in her pockets, Ash walked down the street. She wasn't used to being completely alone like this. Usually, Wyatt was at her side, a safety net in case anything went wrong.

Before she even knew where she was heading, Ash was standing outside the club- the last place she had been with Wyatt. The building didn't look so sinister in the daylight. After glancing over her shoulder, fighting the feeling that someone was tailing her, Ash went behind the club, to the back alley.

Her stomach rolled uneasily as she looked over the cement and brick walls. This was where Lia had been beheaded, where Ky had managed to escape, dragging the unconscious body of her best friend. This is where things had gone from bad to worse. She wasn't sure what she was expecting to see, but it certainly wasn't this. Not this plainness. Like nothing happened.