Chapter 27: I Hated It

I let out a sigh of relief as I looked at the red on the pregnancy test strip. My shoulders dropped and all of my muscles relaxed all at once, causing my mind to go at ease.

"There is a God," I whispered with a bright smile, staring at the opposite wall. Before leaving the restroom, I made sure to flush and wash my hands, taking the negative test with me out to the living room where Louis awaited my answer. I figured that it was close enough to April first; it was the end of March, and if anything, it would be a good little thing to get back at him for almost not telling me that we had sex.

I exited the bathroom and dropped my shoulders in a slouchy, defeated way, and made my cheeks turn red, like I had been crying. Suppressing a giggle, I turned the last corner and met eyes with a very anxious Louis.

"Well?" he asked, quickly.

I stayed silent for a moment, trying to fight the chuckle that was trying to escape. I was hoping that he assumed the pause meant bad news. "Louis...." I began. "I....."

He dropped his face down to his hands and rubbed his cheeks rapidly, like he was trying to wake himself up from a bad dream.

"I'm......" I breathed. "NOT PREGNANT!" I shouted holding out the test, the red coloring clear in sight.

Louis's head flew up and his eyes drank in the sight of glorious red and a brilliant smile broke out on his face. "You're not?!" he asked with a sigh of relief.

"I'm clean!" I rejoiced.

He sat there for a moment before jumping up to kiss me on the lips for a few seconds in celebration.

Our foreheads were touching, our noses were lightly connected at the tips, and our breathing was intertwined. His sky blue irises locked me in a trance.

The color blue reminded me of ice, but his eyes only made me feel warm. It was so strange how something colored so cold could make me feel so safe. Blue. What a unique color.

"So am I out of the friendzone yet?" he asked, snapping me out of my trance.

I pulled away from his embrace, suddenly remembering the stupid thing I had made up earlier. "You're never leaving the friendzone, Louis."

He stepped closer and tangled his arms around me again. "But your uncle left me you in his will."

I scoffed, "He doesn't own me."

"I could though,"

"Ridiculous." I scoffed a second time.

"I'll tell you what," he began, unwrapping his arms from around me. "If I kiss you and you admit that you enjoyed it, then I'm out of the friendzone. If you don't like it, then..." he trailed off, drumming an index finger on his chin.

"Then I get a full bottle of that wine I like." I announced.

"Deal," he smiled, extending his right hand for a firm hand shake. I shook it happily.

His eyes had a serious habit of locking me in my thoughts, causing everything else around me to blur or disappear. I was either seeing the blue of his eyes or nothing.

My train of thought chugga-chugga-chu-chued out of my brain when I noticed that his nose was brushing against mine. Every sensation of ever having him this close to me disappeared. It honestly felt like this was the closest he had ever been to me before. It was a perfectly imperfect feeling... awkward but exciting. I had always read about couples in romance novels claiming that every time they kissed it felt like the first time, but I had never thought it would be a real thing. Our lips hadn't even touched yet, but my breathing had hitched in my throat and my heart fluttered. The agonizing wait ended when he finally placed his lips on mine. It wasn't a deep kiss. It was a kiss like a whisper. It was a whisper of a kiss that said, "You know you love me. I know you want me to really, really kiss you."

I didn't even get a good taste of him when he left my lips bare. There was no hint of him ever being there--nothing left as proof that he had covered my lips with his--no bite mark, no extra red tint, no light swelling, no taste of anything other than my lips, no lingering sensation of his lips even being there. It was like he had never kissed me.

It was like he had never kissed me, but it left me breathless.

It left my knees weak with lust for his lips to be on mine again.

"So?" Louis asked. My eyes couldn't help but linger on the sight of his lips moving with his single word. It infuriated me that that ghostly kiss had that great of an impact on me.

"I hated it." I replied after a moment of searching for my answer.

"I swear I think I would still be in the friendzone if we got married."

"Probably true," I retorted.

"Was it really that bad?" he asked honestly.

I let out a sigh and dropped my shoulders. I was not about to tell him how much power his lips held over me. That would only give him some sense of authority, and I can't have that, no, no, no.

"Absolutely terrible." I snickered, trying to cover up the bit of awe my face had held just a few seconds before.

"Well, I guess you get that bottle of wine." he announced devilishly, like he was planning something.

"I do indeed," I said blankly as I stared into his abysmal irises, trying to force out his hidden plans.

•••••••

Ooooo what's he up to???

Have a wonderful day :)