Extraterrestrial

Ah, considering the gargantuan and prolonged absence I served, perhaps I should return.

That is, if my viewers are remotely interested, although I find the fact that I state viewers as though it is a remotely large audience amusing.

Nonetheless, allow me to delve into an utter rant upon extraterrestrials.

If you are unaware, I have a notable desire and lust to be a physicist. Physics is so absolutely brilliant as a general branch of science, essentially the study of everything. Its properties, functions, the unknown, phenomena, etcetera. So very wonderful.

In regards to such, we know that there are approximately two hundred billion galaxies, and in correlation one septillion planets in our observable universe. 

Essentially unfathomable for us to comprehend such a number, the majority would simply imagine it as aleph null, the smallest level of infinity, which it is not.

The prospect of pondering the universe comes to intelligent life. Often others ask questions such as "Could we defeat them?" or "Do they exist?"

Well in regards to the first question, if intelligent extraterrestrials decided to invade Earth, we would be utterly doomed. Presuming that their intelligence correlates to advanced technology, they would have weapons which we could not comprehend.

A common jest recited between those that are familiar with the subject is:

Extraterrestrial A: "Oh my, the humans have nuclear weapons!"

Extraterrestrial B: "Don't worry, they have them pointed at themselves!"

It is amusing, yet terribly saddening as it is factual.

We are incapable of accepting those who are even remotely peculiar to the common standards, yet we wish to converse with an entirely separate race. If we can not unite among ourselves, how exactly can we do it with another species?

In truth, if extraterrestrials were to proceed with our impending demise, we would attempt to converse with them regardless of whether we were aware of their plot to obliterate us or not.

Many would question: "Why would they want to kill us if we're inferior?"

Which I find utterly hilarious. As a race, we have fed off of those that are supposedly inferior to sustain ourselves. It has occurred in history among ourselves as well. When vindictive individuals see those that are comparably inferior or perhaps weaker, they will strike and take advantage.

Why would these extraterrestrials not do the same?

This is essentially the same concern possessed by Stephen Hawking. Who declined the notion of us seeking extraterrestrial life forms in the instance that they wished to enslave us or obliterate us. 

I concur with his prominent fear, however, I believe that communication is vital for our advancement in terms of knowledge. Would it not be suitable for us to be enslaved? Not necessarily that I wish for it to occur, however, in the prospect of what we have done collectively to the other organisms around us, to the Earth, a punishment seems imminent. 

The Fermi Paradox inherently delves into the principles of the question, "Where is everybody?

That based upon the copious amounts of galaxies, and unfathomable number of planets, why haven't we been visited already? Are the extraterrestrials avoiding us? It is primarily an elaboration of the Drake equation which considers the probability of intelligent extraterrestrials.

Individuals attempt to conjure answers, yet they are not quite feasible to be sufficient.

We're unknowing of a tremendous amount. Our very own oceans have hardly been explored, and we know less about our actual craniums than outer space.

Simply reflect upon that. We know less about the very organ which is essentially responsible for all that we do, including research about the universe, than the universe itself. 

If extraterrestrials have glimpsed at our pitiful planet, especially considering how amusingly minuscule it is, a speck of dust on a sweater really, if they have glimpsed and saw the nature of humans. Our horrendous history, how we can not reconcile and accept one another, and are prominent to battle one another, why wouldn't they ignore us?

Who would wish to be entwined with such a barbaric race? Unless for the sole reasons of obliterating or controlling us, there would be no reason to remain.

SETI, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, is a leading force in dealing with protocols in the event that extraterrestrials are discovered. 

If extraterrestrials were to arrive, nudging their leaders and those of the United Nations to communicate would be ideal. Having neutral individuals who are aware of the situation would be superior than political leaders, who may have a certain influence and formulate a bias.

Although one political "leader," notably the pitiful one of the United States would most likely entertain them, that wouldn't be sufficient. Or perhaps repulse them with his idiocy. 

On Voyager, a or rather the Golden Record was attached. Imprinted the essence of humanity, the audio provides sounds which define our planet and us, and information to show how we lived throughout history and how we function, along with instructions on how to utilize and play the record.

Evidently not in English, but binary arithmetic for the majority of it. In the hopes that they would be sufficiently intelligent to comprehend and use it. 

The Golden Record serves as an eternal biography. Carl Sagan, an individual who I am a massive fanatic of despite his demise, was a leader in formulating this. It was decided by NASA to not incorporate anything we consider remotely tragic or villainous, and interestingly enough that erases such a gargantuan portion of our history.

Nonetheless, thank you for reading I suppose, and farewell.