Birthday

Her outfit for the night.
**************************
Saiges' (POV)

Two hours till the party begins and I'm scared to death. I have know idea what I'm doing anymore and I have to much pressure on me not to fail. As I finally reach the mansion, I am shocked at how beautiful it is. While I make sure to go through the servant area, I still can't help the glimpses I see of this beautiful house.

As I count the amount of macrons on each tray, I accidently back up into a middle-aged lady, "I'm so sorry mam."

"No, no, it's alright, it was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was goi--" she suddenly stops talking as she looks up and sees my face."

"Um, hi? I'm Saige." I say as I stick my hand out for her to shake.

"Hi, hi, my name is Annabella, I'm the birthday boys mom. She says excitedly. "Did Nathaniel invite you?"

"Um, I'm sorry, but I still have not met him nor do I know who he is. I've been so busy with work and school, so I barely ever have free time to pick up a magazine or look through the Internet for things that aren't related to my school." As I finish explaining, I can see a stunned Annabella next to me. Did I say something wrong, cause I've been making so many people shocked these days. "Um...hello?" I say waving a hand in front of her face to get her attention.

"Oh yes, yes, it's just...you surprise me, but in a good way." I just nod back at her confused. "So...what are you doing here?" She says trying to change the subject.

"Oh yeah, you hired Grace and her sweets for the dessert. Grace couldn't come because she had to visit her mom, so she told me to come in her place instead."

"Oh, alright. Well, I should leave you to continue your job then." I nod back at her and as I'm about to walk away, I get stopped, "Oh wait I need to ask you a favour."

"What is it?"

"One of our waiters caught the flu and now we're down one. Could you please help around as a waitress if needed?" She asks politely with pleading eyes.

"How could I say no to such a sweet lady. I'd be more than happy to." I say with a smile

"And I'll even increase your pay." She says with a big smile

"No it's alright. It's not that much more work than I'm already doing."

"Don't be so modest, I shouldn't be giving you more work than you already have. And it's impolite not to give you something in return."

"But it's real--" I get cut off

"Not another word. You're getting a raise and that's that." She says more sternly.

"Thank you very much for the raise."

An hour later

Grace the main maid, told me Nathaniel arrived and then handed me a tray of wine for me to serve. She a sweet old lady and I could tell she really cares for this Nathaniel person. As I went out into the party, everyone kept taking a drink from me. And even before I reached Annabella, I only had three more drinks on the tray left.

"Hi Saige. How are you?" Annabella asks as she a takes a drink from the tray.

"I'm good, how about you?"