Chapter 8

I am so sorry that this chapter took so long to finish. <3 I hope my faithful reader didn't mind waiting. <3 I've been having writer's block writing this chapter, not to mention I procrastinated, alot. lol :) That's why it took so long for me to finish this chapter. :) I thank all my readers for waiting so long for this chapter and for sticking with this fanfic. :) <3 This will be a completed fanfic, don't worry. :) This chapter was worth the wait, trust me. ;) Without further ado, Here is chapter 8. Enjoy!!! ^_^ 

Alan's POV

I finally came to, and looked around. I'm in a hospital.... How did I get here? I noticed how sore I was. I lift my hand, which felt heavy, only to see an IV in my arm. I carefully touched my head to feel bandages. I wince at the pain. I thought, What happened? How long have I've been out? What time is it? I look at my other arm to see yet another IV. I look up to see 2 bags set up for each IV. One for fluids, another for antibiotics. I look at myself and notice that I'm in a hospital gown. I look under the blankets , only for my eyes to widen. I was wearing no pants or underwear, and I had, what appeared to be a catheter. I sighed. "Great, "I mutter, "I have a catheter in me." I follow the plastic tube and found a bag attached to the bed. I touch my face, only to find a nasal cannula in my nose. I could hear the beeping of the monitors. I recognize the nurse button and pushed it. Moments later a voice was heard, "Hello, How can I help you?" I said hoarsely, "I need to see a nurse please." The voice sounded surprised, "Oh your finally awake, thats great news!" I said, "Uh sorry?" The voice said, "Well, you've been out for 24 hours, sir. You were in a car accident, and you were brought in yesterday afternoon." I said in surprised, "24 hours? What time is it now?" The voice said, "It's 5pm, sir. I don't know if you're ready to eat dinner. I'll send a nurse in now and have the nurse check you over. Then we'll see what the doctor says ok." I said, "Ok. Thank you." The voice said, "You're welcome." To my surprise I saw Jessie come in. Jessie, in turn, look just as surprised as she said, "You're awake! I'm so relieved!" I smile, and said hoarsely, "I'm sore but alive." Jessie hugs me gently and said, "I was so worried..." I lift my hand and caress her cheek. She leans into my touch as I said, "Nothing to worry about, love. I'm here talking to you aren't I? I'll recover fully, Don't worry." Jessie smiles,  with tears in her eyes, as she lets go of me. I smile back and said, "Now do your job as a nurse and get the information you need for the doctor that will be seeing me." Jessie chuckles and wipes her eyes, "Ok, Alan." She puts down the information on the computer next to me, along with my vitals. then logs off. She said, "There, all the information is there for the doctor to see." I smile and said, "Good. Come here." Jessie leans down. As she leans down, I put my hand at the back of her head and pull her down to where her lips met mine. I kissed her passionately, in which she returned the kiss gladly. We break the kiss and smile at one another. I said, smiling, "I heard everything you said, before blacking out again." She looks surprised as I continued, "This isn 't exactly how I wanted us to meet up, either, but things do happen. Thank you for letting me feel your cheek. Your skin is as soft as ever..."I raise my hand to touch her cheek again. She leans into my touch once more, "I love you, Jessie. I always will." Jessie said, smiling, "I love you too, Alan." I said, chuckling, "Now, get back to work. I don't want the love of my life to get in trouble, for not checking on the other patients here." Jessie chuckles, then kisses my hand and said, "Ok. I'll see you when I get off work, or when the doctor has me do something that involves you." I smile and lower my hand. I said, "Good. see you then, love." Jessie smiles, "See you, Alan." She checks the bag, before leaving. It wasn't ready to be emptied yet. I sigh happily and waited for the doctor to arrive. I hope I can sit up soon.

Jessie's POV

I went back to work after checking on Alan. I was so relieved that he was awake and still had his humor intact, despite how he was. After awhile, I was called to assist the doctor with Alan. I walked in with the doctor and stood aside as the doctor looked at the computer and looked at the information I put in and other information that was documented for the past 24 hours. The doctor was a middle age man with light blue eyes and grey hair. He wore glasses and had some wrinkles. The doctor spoke, "Hello there. You are Mr. Alan Rickman correct?" Alan nods and said, "Yes, I am." The doctor nods, "Now that you're awake. Let me begin by saying, that it's a miracle that you are alive right now. That crash was deadly, from what I was told. You have sustained a fracture on your skull, which in turn caused some swelling. A concussion, broken ribs, with 1 or 2 piercing your lung, cuts and bruises all over... We were lucky to save you, Mr. Rickman. We did a lot in that one surgery. It was quite a delicate surgery we had to do, especially as it invloved your lung. You ended up needing a blood transfusion." Alan looks shocked as he listened to the doctor, then said, "It was that bad?" The doctor nods, " You're lucky to be alive. How do you feel?" Alan said, "Bloody sore as hell. I'd like to sit up. If that possible." The doctor said, "Of course, I'll have another nurse come in to help Jessie here lift you into a sitting position. From the information that I read, You should be able to eat solids, ok?" Alan nods, "Thank you." The doctor nods then said, "I'll see about getting your dinner brought up, ok?" Alan nods in reply. The doctor leaves. A nurse comes in and stands on one side while Jessie remained on my other side. The nurse had short, straight brown hair and light brown eyes. She smiles and said, "Ready Mr. Rickman?" Alan nods. The nurse pushes a button on the side of the bed. The head of the bed begins to move up, making Alan sit up, though he was still slouching a bit. Alan struggles to sit up, grunting in pain in the process. The nurse said, "Hold on there, Mr. Rickman. We've got you." Alan relaxes as Jessie and the nurse grab each side of the blanket and pulled upwards, moving him into a comfortable sitting position. Alan groans, but smiles, and said, "Thank you." The nurse smiles. "You're welcome, sir." Jessie moves the tray towards Alan and smiles, "For when they bring up your food." Alan smiles, "Thanks, love." Jessie smiles, "You're welcome. I have to go. I'll be off soon." Alan nods, smiling, as both Jessie and the nurse leaves.