Chapter 12

Alan POV

The first 3 months were a bit rough, but we managed to get through it. I got to see our little one grow with each passing month. Jessie now had a little baby bump. I invited her to stay with me at my hotel room for the weekend. Since I was still shooting on set. She accepted, packed her things and came out to be with me. I was beyond happy to have her here with me. I helped her unpacked, and now she's on the couch, watching tv. I walk over and put my hands on her shoulders, giving her a kiss on her cheek. I said, "Dinner is ready love." Jessie looks up at me and smiles, "Awww, thanks babe. What did you make for dinner?" I said, "I made a 3-cheese ravioli with my mothers spaghetti sauce. As well as broccoli with a creamy cheese sauce. You'll have to stay away from wine for awhile, love." Jessie smiles, "That sound delicious, babe." Jessie became thoughtful, then said, "I wonder what I can drink..?" I said, "Maybe juice, for now, ok love?" Jessie smiles, "Ok, babe." Jessie starts to get up. I come around the couch and assist her. Jessie chuckles, "I can get up by myself, babe." I said, smiling, "You know how I am love." Jessie kisses me on the lips and said, "I know babe. Thank you." I kiss her back and said, "You're welcome, love." I help Jessie to her seat, then went to the kitchen to get our dinner. After placing the ravioli and broccoli on the table, we served ourselves some dinner. Me with my wine and Jessie with her juice. After dinner, I did the dishes, then helped Jessie to the couch, where we cuddled as we watched a film. Surprisingly, it was one of mine. I've been working on not to criticizing myself so much. I have to admit, I am impressed with what I can do with my skills in acting. The film we were watching was Gambit. One of her favorites, she tells me. Jessie said, "Alan?" I said, "Hmm?" Jessie asks, "Have you told your 2 brothers and sister that they are going to be aunt and uncles?" I smile, "Yeah, I did. They are so excited and happy for us." Jessie smiles, "That's great! I was hoping they would be." I smile in return. After watching the film, we washed up and got ready for bed. After helping Jessie into bed, I crawled in myself and pulled Jessie to me. Jessie giggles and cuddles into me. I chuckle in spite of myself. Jessie asks, "Do you want to know the sex of the baby?" I smile, "Yes, of course! I have been curious for quite some time now." Jessie smiles, "Next month is when we find out. I want to make sure we have names ready. What will you name our baby, if it's a boy?" I thought for a moment and said, "If our baby is a boy, I would like to call him, Bernard Michael Rickman. After my dad and my brother, Michael. If our baby is a girl, I would like to call her, Margaret Sheila Rickman. After my mum and sister." Jessie smiles, "Awww, I love those names. They're beautiful!" I smile, "I'm glad you approve, love." Jessie smiles, "You're welcome, babe." She cuddles up to me. I hold her as close as her little baby bump would allow. Before long, we both fell asleep.

Jessie's POV

It was January 14th, I was now 4 months pregnant. It was time for my monthly ultrasound. Alan and I went to our appointment. We sat in the waiting room and waited to be called on. Once I was called on. Alan helped me to my feet and held my hand, as we followed a lady who was about my height with light brown eyes and hair. Her name was Heather. She had me sit on the exam table, while Alan sat next to me in a chair. After asking me the usual questions, she had me lie down. She put some of the jelly on my stomach, then set up the ultrasound machine. She puts a wand like object to my stomach and presses in slightly, while moving it around. She stops suddenly and smiles. On the screen was our baby. We could see the baby's head, fingers and toes. Heather said, "There's the baby. Now let's see what gender it is." She moves the stick around until she stops. On screen, we could see a little nub in between the babys legs. Heather smiles and said, "Congratulations! It's a boy! Do you 2 have a name for him?" Alan grins, "I'm going to have a son!" I smile widely, feeling so happy! Alan said, "Yes we do. His name is Bernard Michael Rickman." Heather smiles, "A very beautiful name, Mr Rickman. Bernard seems to be growing well so far. Everything looks good, from what I can see." I smile widely, "Thank you. I am so happy our son is doing well!" Alan grins, "I am too! We will have to think on what color the room should be. Not to mention getting him a proper nursery." I laugh, "We have plenty of time for that, relax!" Alan chuckles, "Sorry, I'm just so excited that we're going to have a son!" I grin, "I know! I am excited too, babe!" We kissed one another, happy that we were going to have a son. We went home talking about how we're going to make the nursery look. We stood in the doorway of our spare bedroom, imagining what the nursery would look like. I said, "There are going to be sleepless nights, you know." Alan said, chuckling, "I know, love. I watched my sister's kids when they were babies." I chuckle in response, knowing in my heart, that we were going to be good parents. We were both looking forward to meeting our son, Bernard.