sophia [one shot] - request for naydelinmota7

third person pov

both naydelin and sophia had been counting down the days until their first date – nine to be exact.

sophia had built up enough courage to ask naydelin on a date after a long six months. it was awkward, sure, but their friends have never seen them happier.

they texted every day, and according to their friends, never stopped talking about each other.

no one was surprised by sophia's natural confidence when asking naydelin out, and nor were they surprised by naydelin's sheepish reaction,

while sophia is outgoing and willing to do almost anything, naydelin, on the other hand, is quite shy and much more cautious about things.

but, opposites attract, right? they bring out the best in each other, and basically all of their friends will agree on that.

despite sophia's courageous and bold personality, the butterflies in her stomach were uncontrollable that morning. it seemed like naydelin was the only person who made her melt into a soft mannered person.

private text messages
[naydelin on the right, best friend on the left]

i'm so nervous rn
i'm actually shaking

aww you and soph are so cute

seriously i'm freaking out

just go with the flow
be yourself
it'll be fine, okay?

okay

text me all the details later!

okayyyyyy
bye

private text messages
[sophia on the left, naydelin on the right]

hiii 💞

hiya💓

soooo
where should we meet up

i was just about to ask ...😂

i really don't mind
we can go wherever

wanna meet at the park?
we can figure it out there

yeah, sure

okay, i'll see ya in five :) xx

i hope so! ❤️

third person pov

they both tried their best to ignore their nerves as they headed outside and towards the small neighborhood park.

a light breeze blows naydelin's deep brown hair out of her face as she walks up to the small playground with a bounce in her step.

she doesn't notice sophia sitting on one of the swings, watching her quirky skip towards the park.

"naydelin!" sophia half-shouts, waving her over. naydelin's heart begins to race when she hears her name being called, and she whips around to see sophia walking quickly towards her with open arms.

naydelin blushes furiously as sophia engulfs her in a hug, and wraps her arms around her waist.

"how've you been?" sophia asks with a bright smile, and they walk to a bench to sit in the shade of the trees.