jack [one shot] - request for anica_hija

anica and jack have been inseparable ever since they first met. always pranking their friends, livestreaming together, or just hanging out one on one, they seem to never be apart.

of course, though, being an ambivert, anica has her extroverted moments. jack and anica slowly joined and created a friend group, consisting of eight people.

first, it was jaeden, and anica knew him like an older brother. they were already really close... but not in the way she is with jack.

the next people to join were finn, wyatt and chosen. they had been in a few of their classes and had some common interests. they had their class clown moments, which obviously attracted jack towards them.

lastly, sophia and jeremy came along. they brought some of the most joy to the group with their calm attitudes and bright smiles.

they don't have a title for their friend group, but everyone kinda knows who is who and who are friends.

the group of eight has had countless sleepovers and shares plenty of secrets with each other. almost every secret, actually. almost.

another day, another typical crush on your best friend.

jack and anica have told their entire friend group; somehow without letting the other know.

"i kinda like anica." jack had told them while she was in the bathroom. "but i swear on my life that it isn't a big deal. there. is that a big enough secret to tell me who you like, finn?"

when anica had told them, it was a few nights later. jack was home, sick, and they were in her basement playing truth or dare. she wimped out for one round, saying truth.

"do you like jack?" jaeden asked her, squinting.

"uhhhh..." anica's odd personality faltered in front of her best friends, and they all groaned.

"it's us. we won't tell him." sophia begged.

"you trust us, right?" jaeden raised an eyebrow at anica.

"yeah, okay. fine." anica waved them off and pushed her glasses up.

"so... yes or no?" jaeden continued to pry, and she squirmed under the attention everyone was giving her.

"mmmmaybe." she forced out.

"maybe?!" chosen shook her shoulders.

"fine, fine! yes! kinda? you can't say anything though. because it's not even a big deal and if you tell him then i'm not gonna act the same and–"

"we get it. it'll be weird." jeremy said, understandingly.

up until this day, jack and anica haven't told each other. of course they're too scared of rejection, but they've been holding it in too long.

jaeden, being anica's brother figure, wants to set them up but keep an eye on them too. wyatt, on the other hand, just wants them to get married already.

group chat

jae
horror movie night at my house tonight

jer
i'll pass

wy
WHY (hahah)

soph
he hates horror remember

jer
yup

jae
ok come over AFTER the movie

jer
fine