ii || JUST ❝ A PRANK ❞

[EDITED]

THE ride to the cable car station anything special, and before I knew it, my sister, Mike, and Jess were all standing in front of the Washington Lodge.

Last time I was here was last year, 2013, when Emily, Mike, Hannah and Sam were all going to prom. Because of this, Beth and I just went out for dinner and went to the mall. Beth, Josh, and I chose not to go to the Junior/Senior prom with everyone else, so the three of us spent our time at the mall and went out to dinner. Out of all of the whole gang, I'm one of the youngest.

All of us gathered in the living room, and to our surprise, we were fashionably late. Everyone turned their heads when we entered, and this is because Mike dropped Emily's luggage.

"What a workout," He joked. Emily giggled and followed him to where everyone else was waiting patiently for us.

Jess and I set our stuff down, and she went next to Emily. I sat next to Sam and Hannah, who were conversing. Next to Hannah was Ashley and Beth, who were chatting. Sam had Chris and Josh on her left, and Matt was sitting next to them. I gestured him over to me and the girls, and he sat next to me. Hannah and Sam went to go get water, and eventually sat next to Ashley and Beth.

"I think the girls think you have cooties," I joked.

Matt laughed, shrugging, "I was all alone until you invited me over."

We both embraced, holding one another in each other's arms. Not a lovey-dovey hug, but a bro hug.

I heard the familiar voice of Joshua Washington speak, "Matt and Essence are brothers from other mothers!"

I knew he was definitely joking around with Chris, because I heard Chris remark, in response to Josh.

"No, Matt and Essence are brotp!" Chris gossiped. I turned to see the two goofballs nudging each other and punching the other's shoulder.

"Correction, you guys are brotp. Look at yourselves," I giggled.

Matt smiled, and the two boys who were originally trying to get me to blush were flailing arms like little children. Matt and I started to talk about daily life, him about football, and I, about the performing arts. We were deep in conversation when Hannah chirped on how we should play a game. Mike suggested Spin the Bottle, so I could hear the frantic footsteps of Josh and Chris grabbing the beers and wines.

It was going to be a long night.

"Who wants to go first?" I heard my sister question. Nobody answered.

Beth scratched her head and protested, "I don't really wanna play this... Can I go order like, pizza or something?"

We all nodded at Beth. We weren't forcing her to do anything, and Hannah followed her sister even though she wanted to join in on the fun. They were pretty much the same person, being twins.

It was rare to me because twins were usually complete opposites, but Hannah and Beth only have differences. They aren't opposites.

"I'll go," Matt volunteered. He took the empty green bottle and flicked it with his fingers, and the glass went spinning. Once it stopped, in sync, all of us looked up to who it was.