vi || LETTERS AND THE LODGE

[EDITED]

CHRIS and I arrive at our destination, which is currently the cable car station that takes you up to the lodge. The both of us walk out of the cable car, and to the door. The boy with the glasses starts to pound his fists on the door, not being able to open it.

"Hello! Help!" He cries.

I tilt my head, "Don't you have the key?"

Chris thinks for a minute before he shrugs and keeps beating on the door. Because of the sudden noise, we hear a voice.

"Are you guys having a really weird stroke?" This voice asks with annoyance in her tone.

It's Jess, because she appears in the glass window on the door. Behind her is Sam, who is walking around and probably looking at trees.

I shook my head, "No, Jess," I laughed, "We're stuck in here!"

I saw Chris trying to get the key to work and open the door, but it wasn't working. Maybe it's jammed?

I heard a buzzing sound, so Jess must've pressed something. Chris opened the door, and we were free from the cable car's hostage.

Chris started to speak like a girl, "Oh my God. Another ten minutes in there and I would've chewed my own leg off!"

I shivered in disgust, "Ew!" Jess nodded, agreeing with my statement. Even though I couldn't forgive the girl for what she done, I had to look past her immoral actions. I know deep down she's a good person.

"Sick, Chris," Sam commented.

Chris spoke rather arrogantly, "Look girls, I got a lot of meat on my bones."

He was joking by his off-the-wall expressions, causing me to laugh.

"It's all muscle down here!" Chris pointed to his skeleton-like legs.

"Uh-huh," Sam giggled, and I nodded. Jess was messing with her Dutch braids when Chris snatched something from her hands.

"Hey! Give that back!" Jess called out to the stereotyped nerdy gamer boy. He chuckled, and opened the letter. He started to read it.

Sam sighed, "Chris, don't be a jerk—"

Chris interrupted me, "I'm just doing what Essence taught me. Mock everyone and make fun of 'em!"

I slapped my forehead as my cheeks turned a rosy pink. Fuck.

Chris' mouth taped open and he smiled, "Oh my God! Looks like our favorite braid fun-lovin' girl has a crush on the Michael Munroe!"

Jess blushed, "Stop."

Sam and I nodded. It was wrong of Chris to do this to Jess. Poor kiddo. Nonetheless of Sam, Jess, and my pleads, Chris kept blabbing his mouth, "What kind of erotica our Jessica Riley might be capable of imagining? I wonder why she likes the class president!"

Jess rolled her eyes, crossing her arms, "Em is out, and I'm in. Oh crap.. No offense to you, Ess."

Sam widened her eyes, "Woah. I wonder how that went along."