xix || THIS IS THE END

[EDITED]

IT was getting very tense in a matter of seconds. You could say it was "escalating quickly." Sam, Emily, and Matt came running, panting hard. Mike helped Jess up, and the four of us ran to them.

"Well, there goes our chances of survival," Matt mumbled as a Wendigo appears. About three more emerge from the shadows and from different locations around the lodge.

Emily and Matt were all located on the right side of the massive living room. Sam, Jess, and Mike were in the middle, right in front of the staircase, and Josh and I were on the left, in the shadows.

"Don't move," Mike whispered-shouted to all of us, "Don't fucking move a muscle."

One Wendigo was up on the chandelier-sphere, claiming its territory. It's head shot to the right side of the room, the left, and the center. It's eyes were milky, and fangs were fully out showing. It's upsetting to think that Hannah is one of these nasty killing creatures. Flesh eating creatures. I mentally shivered.

I heard shrieks from Emily. We all slowly turned our heads to see two of the three Wendigos coming out of their hiding spots. One on the chandelier, two by Emily, and three already here. Six Wendigos against seven humans. Hopefully we still had those flamethrowers.

A Wendigo got annoyed of my sister because she was letting out a bloodcurling scream, "Don't kill me! No, no, no!"

I screamed at the creature, "Hey, fatass! Pick on something your own size!"

This Wendigo was relatively small. It wasn't the size of Hannah, so it must be a new one—like a baby. I was overjoyed that it dropped my sister. She escaped death for the second time tonight, so applause to her. My sister's a fucking badass.

The Wendigo sneaked up on me, and I froze. It screamed right in my face before looking for its prey and predators. I swear to God, in that moment I didn't even breathe. I just stared at Josh while it tried to get me flinching. Let's call this Wendigo Wendy.

Essence 1-0. Wendy the Wendigo 0-1.

Wendy found its predator, which looked to be Hannah because of the size difference. They leaped at each other, rolling around and fighting. Hannah finally managed to destroy Wendy by throwing her out of the window. Wendy the Wendigo got wasted. But she came back, asking for a second match to defeat Hannah. Wendy jumped on Hannah, scratching her, but it did Han no harm.

Hannah effortlessly threw Wendy out another window, close to Josh. He pulled out the flamethrower and burned Wendy. Now we were down one. Five Wendigos against seven humans, with one flamethrower. We are unstoppable.

Oop—Wendy is back. It's still six Wendigos, except Wendy is burnt as hell. The slimy skin is all black and burnt, which smells like burnt flesh. Ew. I shivered. Wendy threw Hannah into the fireplace, which I didn't see coming. Something broke, and a noise could be heard as Hannah climbed up the flat screen television and the stone styled walls.

I saw Mike walking towards a light bulb.
I glanced to the fireplace, the light switch, and the gasoline pipe. They were going to blow up the lodge.

I must've said it aloud because Sam was nodding. Mike was too, and the others were getting the message. Matt and Emily were slowly walking back. Jess and Sam couldn't really move, because they were right in front of the staircase. The lighting is good there, so until we get all the Wendigos killed or something, they can't really move. Sucks to be them.