xii || THE REVEAL

[EDITED]

"ALRIGHT, so what has happened to everyone tonight?"

Sam had tried to spark some conversation, which actually worked somehow.

Mike shook his head and carried his machete with even more caution, "Jess is dead. I couldn't save her when that thing took her away... She fell from an elevator shaft. She was unresponsive when I called out her name."

Man. Jess is dead out of everyone here.

I mean, by the way Mike's treated me, he can go fuck a cow. He should be the one dead. He can't take my jokes—and he killed the twins. He was the mastermind behind the plan that was a year ago. Not to mention he cheated on my sister for Jess... But Jess was a cool girl, and it was unfortunate for her that she wanted boys more than friends, but she deserved a lot better. I mean, she was actually really nice until the fight with Em today.

Even though I hate Mike, I can't imagine how he feels right now... Does he feel the same heartbreak?

Sam softly whispered,

"When the maniac chased me, he put some sort of needle in my arm, too, so I passed out. The next thing I know I'm bound and Essence wakes me up."

I nod. She does a little bit more of a vent, "But seriously, guys, all I ever wanted to do was take a bath!"

She whines, "A bath!"

Her hands rise up in the air and she shakes them, also adding a funny face. The both of us can't help but giggle.

Mike chuckled, "That's all you ever wanted to do, Sam."

The blonde and I nodded. We were silent for about two more minutes until I gulped.

"Josh died right in front of my eyes. Like Sam said, there's some maniac on the mountain. He attacked me too, but I found these texts sent to Josh by his therapist about a plan. Then I found a psychiatric report on Josh on all of his medicines and therapists!" I explained.

Mike and Sam listened along, nodding to continue. I was surprised I hadn't choked up talking about Josh. No breakdown, nothing. Sam was walking towards a metal door when I pulled Mike to me.

"Josh is dead; Jess is dead. Do you feel any heartbreak like I do?" I asked Mike in a hushed tone.

He nodded, "Yeah. Sorry about the shouting at you. My mind is fried."

"Me too. I shouldn't be such a smartass. I'm sure it's because I'm still upset from your breakup with Emily..."

I continued, "Bro, she cried tears over you. She was an emotional mess, man. She loved you," I scratched my head.

We both shook hands, telling that we would have a fresh start in honor of Jess and Josh. So now, I'm friends with everyone.

"Can you two help me over here with this?" Sam called. It was more of a command than a question, but it didn't matter. Mike and I helped Sam push this metal door open, and it led us to a hallway.

It was a dark and slim hallway, but faint noises could be heard. There were shelves at every corner, and we walked into a room with a large old camera. This placed reeked of dead animals, and the smell I could tell was getting to Sam and I. We went into a small room that had one of these old projectors, so we turned it on.