xiii || THE SHED

[EDITED]

WHEN I had gained my consciousness, I was being carried by Mike. Chris was pushing Josh, who was falling onto the snow.

"Hey, stop that!"

I tried to yell at Chris, but my voice level was a mere mumble, "Put me down, Mike."

Mike obeyed in silence. I mean, Chris was Josh's best friend before Sam and I. Why was he torturing Josh with his words? It's wrong... But what Josh did was also wrong.

"Please, Chris—Mike! This is wrong!" Josh pleaded.

Chris rolled his eyes, "Oh, shut up."

I wasn't good at being quiet, and I stepped on a branch. Chris turned around and grinned, "Hey, Josh! Look who decided to join us."

Josh turned to me, "Essie!"

I ran to him, ahead of Chris. The boy with the glasses rolled his eyes.

"Bro!" Josh begged Chris.

"What? I'm not your bro, bro!"

Chris gently shoved Josh with a wooden plank. He's saying rude stuff, but gently shoves Josh. Is Mike forcing him to do this? If so, I can see why. Josh fooled us all—even if it truly wasn't mentally him. This plan he had to form being off his medications, and that's if he hasn't been on them for an extended period of time.

"Wait, where are you taking us?" I questioned. Chris nor Mike didn't answer.

Josh shouted, "Answer her! Where are you taking us?"

Chris shoved Josh, then me, "We're locking you up, bro."

I tilted my head, "But you just said he wasn't your bro, bro?"

I smirked, but Chris rolled his eyes and threw me to the ground. Seriously. What's up with Chris? He's never like this.

Josh and I walked in silence, as Mike and Chris pranced behind. The chilly air made me shiver, and I was wishing that I hadn't traded in my shirt and jacket for my favorite baby blue crop top. Snow was falling, and it was causing my white converse to lag in carrying me from Point A to Point B. I'm glad Josh is alive, but he lied to me all this time. He wasn't taking his meds, and he was the psycho, so did he mean those seductive words of lust? Was he just playing the role? I didn't know, and I couldn't figure a way to ask him as we continued our journey to the shed.

After a few minutes, we were almost at the shed.

"Guys, I'm really sorry," Josh cried.

Mike wasn't having it. Munroe was getting agitated, but Chris was running out of rage,

"Are you serious, Josh? Really? You have no idea what you've done, man."

Josh argued, screaming back at Chris, "I am a healer, man! I bring people together! Not like you assholes..."

Mike got in Josh's face, and in a hushed tone, spoke, "Josh, that's enough."

We were closer than ever to the shed. I could see the perimeter of the seance behind it, shadowing it from the rest of the wilderness. The trees, in extendable groups, surround the shed and the seance... A place of isolation. Great. Just great.